Good lord.. iOS 7 is hideous.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by super tomtendo, Sep 12, 2013.

1. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

90% of iOS 7 is absolutely atrocious and hideous, IMO. Nice new wallpapers, but the bottom BLOCK of a dock ruins them. :( .... guess i'll get use to it......

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Are you using the GM or just speaking from what you're seen in pictures and video?

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

4. super tomtendo thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

gm.

----------

Just installed the GM on my iPhone 5, so first time seeing it full in my hands. A lot of the icons are ugly or don't even make sense. Wtf Gamecenter?

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Open Gamecenter..it will make sense.

I didn't like the icons at first. After a week, I was fine with them. After a month, I loved them.

6. super tomtendo thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Yes, I know. Each bubble is "ABC". But it's [GAME]CENTER. Not bubbles. Should of made it looks like news stand with game looking icons.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

This made me laugh out loud at work. Co-workers gave me this "wtf" look haha

8. super tomtendo, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013

super tomtendo thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

You know what just made me "LOL" at work? Your signature. You only have a 500 MB (MEGABYTE) HD??? Damn!

9. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

I like it. Then again, I am an Android user... reminds me of Android:eek:

10. Tamagotchi macrumors 6502

Tamagotchi

OP: I agree with you, I want to see what the world says once it's released, not what the the fanboys in this forum say/think.

I'm an Android user - Android Stock on Google's Nexus 4, and iOS7 doesn't remind me of 4.3 Jelly Bean at all.

11. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Holy crap LOL I didn't even notice that. Thanks for pointing it out :D

Fixing now!

12. super tomtendo thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Hahahaha! Yeah, that would be one small hard drive.

13. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

My first computer had a whopping 40 MB hard drive. Now my MacBook Pro has a 1 TB hard drive. Amazing how far we've come!

14. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

I still haven't tried it because I don't want to lose my jailbreak. If someone would release an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak in the next few days I could try the GM, realise I don't like it, downgrade, and then jailbreak again. Probably not gonna happen though. :(

15. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

My first computer has a 10MB HD. Full height!

----------

Regarding iOS 7: It will grow on you. Give it a chance ;)

I've been running it since Beta 1. iOS6 looks so dated after you use iOS 7 for a while.

16. super tomtendo thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Well, I have no choice, so yeah, it will.

17. JohnnyW2001 macrumors regular

JohnnyW2001

Wait until September 18th, and everyone will be having this same experience together.

18. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

iOS 7 is the distillation of everything Apple has learned about the iPhone since the original launched in June of 2007, and simply put, it's beautiful. You'll end up liking it and wonder how you ever lived with the skeuomorphic design of all previous versions.

19. Soundflunky macrumors regular

But you don't keep games in there. That'd be confusing.

You'd think with so many armchair designers in the world, we'd all have much nicer armchairs.

20. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Where have I seen this thread before??? Oh yeah, everywhere.

21. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

My thoughts exactly, lol. IOS 7 has been around for 3 months and people still have the need to open a thread on how ugly it is. A comment in one of dozen threads would be enough, thank you very much. We get it, some people here dont like the looks of iOS 7, AND think their expert designer opinion is so important to warrant opening a new thread.(More so, it won't suddenly make it look more beautiful to YOU) If you don't like it don't install it, and stay with soon to be obsolete iOS 6 :)

22. super tomtendo thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

That would be cool if we could IMO. If games stored like mags do on News stand on a "game shelf" it would be cool and save icon space/pages on the home screen.

----------

Cool story you wrote there. Yet, you still came here to express your opinions. Kind of hypocritical, right?

----------

Thanks for the update, Jony Ive.

23. nutmac macrumors 68040

Speaking as non biased as possible, I think I can conclude my take as follows:

App icons: Beauty is in the eyes of beholder, but to me, about 1/3 are clearly uglier than iOS 6. But ultimately, most are decent enough looking for me not to get all worked up about. And about half are about as same as iOS 6 (minus the gloss).

Toolbar icons: I didn't like Android-inspired toolbar icons at first, but now I like them overall. They blend in much better against text.

Font: I maybe in the minority, but I liked wider use of lighter font in earlier betas. Apple probably struck better balance in later beta for most people, but I would've liked a choice. Anyway, typography is problematic on the home screen, where lack of outline and/or shadow makes text difficult to read unless you have the right set of wallpaper.

Animation: Some of the animations cues are well done, but longer animations get quickly tiresome and in the way of doing things.

24. super tomtendo thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

I would most def. agree with the animations. Fading on/off is a little stupid IMO. I have to wait like a second to get the time, when in standby mode.

25. 1member1 macrumors 6502

try going back to iOS 6. you won't last even a day without all this functionality and fun of ios 7