Goodbye invisible shield...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jukes316, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Jukes316 macrumors regular

Well I've been debating about taking it off because people said it feels good naked. I didn't really get a feel for it cause two seconds out the store there was a invisible shield stand selling it. So bam.

But today. I decide to do my normal wiping off of the screen and I feel it getting stuck. I look at it and my shield rolled down as I rolled it up.

:(

But the screen naked it actually really nice. Just scared of scratches now. Going to be extra extra careful.

2. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

3. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

i had my invisible shield on mine after about a week, but before that i had a screen cover on the front and back, it does feel good naked, but personally i cannot relax without it being protected.

4. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Screen protectors are not only unnecessary but ruins the beauty of the retina display.

5. gigemzach macrumors 6502

Why are they unnecessary?

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I would agree they do ruin the retina display. But I would have to disagree with you about them being unnecessary. Screen protector keeps your screen scratch free so that later down the road the resale value is higher.

7. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I took my invisible shield and case off last week and my phone feels so much better! I'm just careful and always keep it in a pouch if it's in my purse :)

8. orange42 macrumors 6502a

Hardly ruins the display at all, especially if you can put one on well.
    It's not even about resale value, it's just good knowing there are no scratches on your screen.

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

IMHO, this advice is irresponsible.

This guy believed that story. Didn't work out so well for him. I inadvertently put a small scratch in my 3GS's screen before getting a screen protector on it too.

10. SESpy macrumors regular

SESpy

Hey Jukes,
    go SGP or PhantomSkinz. You won't make the terrible mistake again. Zagg are the worst...

11. naujoks macrumors 6502

naujoks

Screen protectors ARE unnecessary if you simply always place the phone down with the back and don't keep any sharp objects in your pocket.
    In observing these rules I never had the slightest nick on my screen in nearly 3 years of iPhone.

12. The Governor macrumors regular

Just an FYI, if you're interested you can get a new shield. All you have to do is register your first one, follow the on site options for replacing, 4 - 6 days later you get yourself a new one.

13. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I feel the same way. I wouldn't want scratches on my screen either. But being able to sell it for more later down the road is a plus.

14. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I don't think you realize how easy it is to scratch the iphone 4's glass.

15. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

There are lots of good reasons to protect ones phone. How it's done is up to the owner. Why people choose to criticize is a reflection on them, not the owner of the phone.

16. jonjames macrumors regular

Seriously tho I had an invisible shield on my 3GS so I picked one up when I got my iPhone 4 on release day but it kept peeling back I got tired of it so I saw the phantomskinz website one day and they had a sale going on (25% off) so I bought a full body protector and am in love with this compared to the zagg I did have the zagg replaced via the warranty but probably won't use it, after all the phantomskinz came with a lifetime warranty as well

17. dsa1971 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8A306)

There are plenty of screen protectors which do not interfere with the display. I have an sgp ultra clear and you cannot tell it's on the screen

18. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I ordered a screen protector today not to protect the screen, but to keep the fingerprints off.

19. namja macrumors newbie

Is the iPhone 4's glass worse than the 3GS's glass?

I've been carrying my 3GS naked for 13 months now. I'm not especially careful or anything. Zero scratches on the glass. The back and the chrome trim on the sides have some noticeable scratches, but the front glass is impeccable. I thought these things were nearly scratch-proof, no?

20. motty2307 macrumors regular

It does feel good naked...

My iPhone that is...

:D

21. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

It just depends on how meticulous you are. If you don't pay that much attention to detail than you will be fine without a screen protector as you'll never notice it being scratched. For those who are really OCD though, they'll need a protector to rest their minds.

22. SESpy macrumors regular

SESpy

I think even BSE are better than Zagg...
    The only thing that is worth about Zagg is their marketing you gotta give that to them :D

23. motty2307 macrumors regular

I fell in love with a Wrapsol. It also fixed the antenna issue that doesn't really "exist".

24. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

My friend had PhantomSkinz and her phone was scratched underneath when she removed the skins after a year to resell the phone.

SGP though makes amazing skins, I had one and all my friends who had one really liked it. The orange peel effect isn't as obvious as the Zagg either.

I've heard really good thing about Power Support Crystal films too but have yet to try it.

25. rmastbro macrumors member

+1

I used to have the philosophy not to use a screen protector UNTIL I got my 1st major scratch on my screen (total accident). After the phone was replaced, I will ONLY use a screen protector only if it is one that does not interfere with the display like SGP or power support.