Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andybrown44

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
Hull, UK
I'm in UK and using it now. Downloaded about 45 minutes ago, 2 mins later it wouldn't work for my friend.

Very impressed so far!
Love swiping from the side to change tabs as well as showing tabs open on other devices.
I think Safari is getting replaced in my dock, at least until iOS 6.

obom

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
The two different error messages when downloading, kind of torture seing how everyone has chrome :(

34y71n5.jpg

2dl7y91.jpg

andybrown44

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
Hull, UK
Sorry pal but the stats are against you. Although probably before Chrome stops being in beta for android that might be true for a while.
iOS chrome needs 4.3.3 or above, which almost all iOS users have.
Android Chrome needs 4.0 or higher which is much less widespread.

vtstarck

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Sorry pal but the stats are against you. Although probably before Chrome stops being in beta for android that might be true for a while.

Are they?

99% of iOS users can use Chrome.
7.1% of Android users can use Chrome.

obom

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
Anyone from the UK had any luck creating and downloading from a US account?

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Where are you getting the $1000 for an OS? I paid $29.99 for Lion... Since when is the hardware free?

A friend of mine put it perfectly a few years ago.
If you were shopping for a refrigerator and their were two to chose from;

#1, cheaper, but were told you had to spend X amount of money a year to maintain it and will most likely be out dated within the month(PC).

or

#2, pay more, built with quality and last longer - owes you no money when you upgrade next(Mac)

Which would you buy? You would buy #2. Apple builds high quality computers and products. I am more than happy to pay a 'premium' for a Mercedes-like computer over a cheap Toyota. Either buy a Mac or buy a PC. Up to you. But IMO, I'll pay the extra for something I can rely on.

Apple controls their OS, unlike Microsoft which licenses their OS. You cannot get a true OS X experience unless it's on a product built by apple (hackintosh is possible, yes, but it's still a bit unstable). Yes Apple designs great products and I'm all for that (I have a MBP and an iPad, I'm a fan of Apple) but the specs aren't fancy. They are typical borderline specs (I'm not saying it's a low class computer, but it isn't exactly a high class one either... that's worth a thousand bucks)... Apple computer specs are just "enough" for the user. Yes hardware isn't free, but honestly, people are buying macs for the OS experience, not the specs...

meh, but maybe you do have a point :)

sau124

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2007
Managed to pull a copy on my devices in the US store... it is not as great as it sounded. Free to try so download and test it yourself...

sloan47

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2011
I just downloaded it and it's great. I love being able to easily sync my bookmarks between all my devices now. :)

bitfactory

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
I like it...

The sync between my desktop browsers is AWESOME. Love to see what's open on my other systems and pop them open on my phone.

... would love to try as my default browser for a bit.

iSRS

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
Is dictation 4S only? Did not sound it from the posts, but don't see option on my 4

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
I just downloaded it and it's great. I love being able to easily sync my bookmarks between all my devices now. :)

Agreed. It seems pretty snappy as well but could be the "wow this is new!" effect.

I like it for the time being.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Is dictation 4S only? Did not sound it from the posts, but don't see option on my 4

works on my iPad 2 which does not have siri (theres a mic icon next to the search bar in chrome)

and it certainly works a LOT better than siri on my iPhone 4S

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.