Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

picpicmac

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2023
Technology like AI writing tools are indeed powerful, but they don't replace human creativity and expression. ... The value of human touch in writing remains unique and irreplaceable.

We'll see. There are examples out there that suggests that young people today are being robbed of their intellectual experiences that would form them. I personally have no way to judge what is happening to 17-22 year olds, the post-secondary school age. All I can do is read what I see at the usual social media sites and wonder how our society will get along in 30 years.

Reactions: amartinez1660

kurtfoster

Contributor
Mar 8, 2009
We'll see. There are examples out there that suggests that young people today are being robbed of their intellectual experiences that would form them. I personally have no way to judge what is happening to 17-22 year olds, the post-secondary school age. All I can do is read what I see at the usual social media sites and wonder how our society will get along in 30 years.
Watch the movie Idiocracy.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Interesting features. Will try this out even though I don't use Chrome as my primary browser.

JamieLannister

Suspended
Jun 10, 2016
Once there is the advent of an AI ad-blocker extension to block YouTube ads I’m gonna be using it 100% of the time. Otherwise count me out for now.

Wanted797

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Australia
It may be just me, but I’m getting tired of seeing AI tagged into anything and everything.

I’m sure toilets with AI will be a thing soon 😆
It’s just the marketing word like “smart” “plus” and “pro”.

And marking is pretty boring. I remember when Machine Learning became the catch phrase a few years ago and I help at work build a ML model. It was rubbish so we changed it to something that wasn’t machine learning at all. But it still got called a ML model.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ok, time to uninstall Chrome
Right?!

3 different levels of LLMs and the top 3 "AI" features mentioned is organizing tabs and themes ans such?!

What a complete WASTEFUL use of technology that in no way really benefits users yet just uses up precious resources.

I really hope from Andoid mobile (GS) ans every platform the end user is:
1. Clearly informed HOW to disable the browser upgrade and/or revert!
2. Continues to get security upgrades without tampering od precious AI functionality, features and userinitstring metadata or further ad, pop-up intrusions.
3. Does not restrict users from exporting their user data (registered Google account or non-registsred user account) directly from the installed Chrome data ON the system and NOT forcing their cloud services and waiting 5+ days to complete the task!!

Reactions: jz0309
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.