Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
May have something to do with how well you understand the underlying technology. People tend to fear what they don't understand.
Having been CTO for one of the 500 largest web sites in the world, I would say it is more likely that people find comfort in accepting the propaganda they have been fed when it comes to be believing things are safe and their privacy is protected.

• Wow
Reactions: gusmula

Harry Haller

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2023
People still use Chrome? Weird.
It seems so. Very weird.

chrome.jpeg

MacHeritage

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2022
British Columbia, Canada
Considering how wrong they are with links in emails, I wouldn't want that thing near me. All the emails with links they were flagging were legitimate links! Even wikipedia links. LOL They just didn't seem to like the topic or something. Same with BitChute links! Obviously, Google want to control what users see. No thank you. I've since disabled the feature.

Edit: Just to clarify, it is Postbox I am using and they use Google for that feature in emails. Safari also uses Google Safe Browsing.

Last edited:
Reactions: gusmula

The_Martini_Cat

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2015
Will it be possible to watch YouTube with an ad Blocker now on chrome? If I want to use. an ad blocker on safari, I have to browse YouTube in private mode. Otherwise I get a ” you’re violating YouTube terms of service by using an ad blocker“🍸🙀

MasterControlProgram

macrumors regular
May 5, 2022
Will it be possible to watch YouTube with an ad Blocker now on chrome? If I want to use. an ad blocker on safari, I have to browse YouTube in private mode. Otherwise I get a ” you’re violating YouTube terms of service by using an ad blocker“🍸🙀
I don’t know what plugin (or combination of them) it is that’s working for me, but I’ve never once been affected by any of Google’s recent ad blocker shenanigans. It keeps catching everyone else out but I somehow keep slipping through the net!

• Haha
Reactions: Shirasaki
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.