Google Chrome Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PsstGreek, Nov 11, 2010.

1. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Is any one have issues with Google Chrome? For some reason it keeps crashing on the start up.

2. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

mine crashes sporadicly, both on my mac and windows. So i stopped using it on mac, still trying to fix it on windows though :(

3. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I'm a cross platform engineer working in OS X, WIN 7, Linux & Unix. Running both the most recent builds of the stable _ and _ beta versions of Chrome on my new 15" MBP's & ThinkPads, I've found the stable versions to be very reliable & crash free. Moving on to the Beta versions, the number of crashes have been very small, especially considering how many hours of use they see each day.

I am not advocating for Google, I also put plenty of time on Safari, Opera, Firefox & the yet to be released to the public, GreaseMonkey.

Thus my point is simply to share my experience. In the last four weeks I've been using Chrome as my browser of choice, where previously it was number three on my list.

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

it is a new feature of chrome ... crashes while it scoops your personal info ... then installs AdSpam onto the websites you visit. :cool:

5. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

I have no issues and use it every day. Maybe some extension is causing the problem? You could try deleting the preferences and probably even reinstalling the app.

6. Shaneuk macrumors regular

Shaneuk

I have only had one problem with chrome when I was on vista. I just made sure I had the newest version and I did, so I reinstalled the app and it worked fine.

7. chrisu91 macrumors regular

Mine crashes on startup too. I click Reopen, and nothing happens. I force quit Chrome, open it again, and same issue. Third time, it finally opens. Such a hassle going through this every day.

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife