Google Chrome issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Breitling65, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

It froze my MBPR/13 twice yesterday, completely only power button helped to shutdown and restart. Anyone experiencing this issue? It seem faster browser than Safari or Firefox but such glitches are scary. Nothing special was running in browser, random page.

2. racer1441 macrumors 68000

I was using Chrome pretty much from day one. It was great. In the last six month, however, they have killed it. Started with minor issues, then battery drain, then crashes like you experienced.

Uninstalled it from all my machines. It is a shame, but it was awful. I'll check back in 6 month and see if they figure it out.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

4. ljusmc macrumors member

I had problems with Chrome as well which sucks because I love it. It crashed constantly and also crashed my Mac. I stopped using it and use Safari now out of fear of it still crashing. I researched the problem and couldn't find anything definitive. I would like to also know if someone had a solution.

5. skirmisser macrumors member

Chrome 28 was somehow losing GPU acceleration on my rMBP (every now and then it would become very slow and laggy and it would come back later). Not sure if it is related. Chrome 29 seems to have fixed this issue completely...

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

rMBP and chrome seem to have problems playing nice. To many posts about issues related to chrome.

7. Breitling65 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just got macbook month ago, I used Win7/8 mostly before.

----------

Right, it should not freeze computer even it crashed. It is fast and light but bugs all over.