Google Docs Standalone App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by digthewell, May 16, 2019.

1. digthewell macrumors newbie

digthewell

Hi,
    I am looking to use Google Docs as standalone app.

More specifically, I'd like Google Docs to show up as a separate window on the Dock. Whether that can be achieved by using an App or any other way.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Cheers,

2. sracer macrumors G3

sracer

i use a tool called, "Fluid" to create app-ified versions of websites. i created a whole suite of the google apps.

3. digthewell thread starter macrumors newbie

digthewell

That's great! Is it available for download? I found a way to make the Google Sheets into a Chrome App, but it doesn't work as seamlessly as I would have liked it to and Chrome needs to be launched for it to function.

4. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

@digthewell the Fluid app is a download from www.fluidapp.com and making the app is rather easy. The URL, Name, Location on your computer + any icon you'd like (or just use the website favicon)
    Fluid can be purchased and registered to allow for further options within your newly created app. Although I believe you'll be fine with the free version for this purpose.

5. artbaron macrumors newbie

artbaron

This could be exactly what you are looking for: https://github.com/phillipcaudell/Google-Drive-for-Mac

Similar concept to Fluid, but tuned specifically for Google Drive. It even automatically opens documents in new windows.