Google+ front page integration

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by kainjow, Jul 2, 2011.

1. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I realize Google+ is very new, and I'm sure arn/MR is already thinking about this, but would be neat to have +1 integration with articles, right alongside the Facebook/Twitter buttons.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I don't think Google+ is going away, so I would agree it should be integrated

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

But where is MySpace integration?! :mad::( We all know it is the next big thing :p

Anyway, sounds like a good idea. Social networks are always a good way to guide more traffic to this site and they are good in other ways too.

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

5. jamied95 macrumors 6502

Yeah, sounds good! Probably not much point though until it goes completely public...

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

We've thought about it, but with other share buttons like LinkedIn also having some success, we're reluctant to put too many buttons on the front page...it's kind of getting out of hand.

So it's certainly not off the table, but we're trying to be extra careful about what we add. Looking at other sites with it enabled, I haven't seen a flood of +1s showing up yet, but we'll keep an eye on things to see if it takes off.

7. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

Thank you for this, this seems prudent. I am concerned with the concentration of information that Google is able to collect, store and - at some point, for some amount - disclose.

Attached Files:

8. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

I think it's important to let a social medium mature before exploiting it's sharing capabilities.

What if Google+ is this years Google Wave?? Then we just wind up with buttons everywhere.

If it turns into a viable social outpost, then I agree - add it up. But for now? I think MR should stay away.

9. d4rkc4sm macrumors 6502

d4rkc4sm

this is a great idea considering g+ isn't accepting new members. it will be so useful for everyone

10. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

We added a google+ button to the articles.

Not sure how much good it will do.

But it's there for now.

arn