Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Google today updated its Google Maps app with official support for the iPhone X, introducing an improved layout on Apple's newest flagship phone.

The Google Maps app displays full screen on the iPhone X's taller display, with a search bar located at the top of the app and directions and information provided at the bottom of the app. The layout of the app makes the menu button at the top left difficult to access with one hand, but it looks better than it did before.

googlemapsiphonex-800x600.jpg

Along with iPhone X support, the new app also includes unspecified bug fixes.
What's New in Version 4.41
Thanks for using Google Maps! This release brings support for iPhone X in addition to bug fixes that improve our product to help you discover new places and navigate to them. Get the latest version for all of the available Google Maps features.
Google Maps can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Google Maps Updated With Support for iPhone X

Reactions: Ralfi

penguintri

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2009
UK
Good news. Last one I’m waiting for now is the kindle app. I’m surprised amazon have been slow to update considering they redesigned it not long ago!

Reactions: NavySilver

MacWorld78

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2012
Finally I've been waiting for this news to come :)

Now I want that app to appear for the apple watch!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
12 weeks later... About damned time.

Gotta do better, Google... and to all other apps that aren’t yet optimized for the iPhone X.

And their Airport Utility app.
12 weeks since what?

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
Nice. Still waiting on the New York Times.....seriously, how do they not have an iPhone X optimized version of their app yet?

Yikes. I’m not a subscriber so I don’t have that app but I’m very surprised to hear this given their very public cross promotion dating back to the original iPhone.

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
The one thing that really bothered me about Google Maps was that it kept changing the route it wanted me to drive. I specifically picked a longer route because I wanted to avoid certain states but it kept going back to the original one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.