Google Nexus-S site. Does it look familiar to you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ciaran00, Dec 6, 2010.

1. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Reminds me of the Samsung Focus to be honest. But yes there are similarities to Apple in the marketing approach...right down to photo angles. Copy and Paste approach is also a clear lift from iOS.

3. Savor Suspended

Savor

It still looks very nice even if it they took a cue from Apple.

Everybody steals ideas from everybody just like in movies, music, TV shows. Alot of our shows originated from the UK. Hard to be original. The threaded text messages didn't come from Apple. It came from Palm. Not everything was invented from Apple. Everybody does build their legacy from the foundations of others before us.

Give props to Google. If it were ugly, people would complain. If it was nice and minimalistic, fans would complain they are ripping off Apple. Damn if you do, damn if you don't.

4. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

I don't get the point of this thread? Is it somehow implying that Google "stole" apple's layout for a website?

Because as far as I know, websites with "navigation bar then content" has been around for quite a while.

5. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

I think it's because if you look at the rest then it is extremely similar to Apple's product pages.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I like it, but there are quite bit few draw back on that phone. I will list them.

1. No Micro SD slot with no option for 32 GB. Really? You stuck with 16GB for a life and there is no 32GB version.

2. No HD recording. Based what I read. Maybe I could be wrong. I asked Samsung and they never answered.

3. Only for T-mobile. Really? Only Edge on AT&T.

4. Specs are almost same as iphone or Galaxy phones, but it is coming out almost in 2011. Geez, thanks. I could have gotten iPhone 4 or galaxy S phones. Thanks.

8. XciteMe macrumors 6502

Awww, is the wittle fanboy thweatened by Google's new phone??? Stop being such a meany weany!

9. Graeme43 macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

They seem to have added an "S" for the better device just as Apple did for 3G > 3G

10. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

No. The Nexus S has an 'S' because it is based on the Galaxy 'S' family of smartphones.

11. Savor Suspended

Savor

12. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Wow, they really did just copy Apple's design guidelines for apple.com

I was really surprised when I saw it load.

13. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I have to admit that the site design bears more than a passing resemblance to Apples site for the iPhone 4.

14. kenypowa macrumors 6502a

wow, I can't believe my iPad mail in landscape mode looks just like MS Outlook 2003.

15. dgree03 macrumors 65816

dgree03

Biggest difference I see is the Nexus S page is longer because of its LONGER feature list.

Similarities? it has a white back ground, just like apples page or macrumors lol.

16. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

There are quite a few sites featuring phones with a similar layout:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Seems like a pretty standard website design to me.... :confused:

17. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

18. darkside flow, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010

darkside flow macrumors 6502

The unlock is useless until they come out with a version that's compatible with other carriers on 3G. Anyone who pays $550 for an EDGE only handset needs to give their head a shake.

19. darkside flow macrumors 6502

Not sure which site you're reading. The features are identical to iPhone except for native wifi hotspot and 4" display. It lacks HD video recording so there seems to be only one more feature.

The Nexus S is just a more expensive Galaxy S. Not sure why they released it with hardware that is similar to phones that have been out for 7 months.

20. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

+1 $500+ for a phone that runs on antiquated technology = uber fail.