Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Google is offering four free months of Play Music as part of its Cyber Week deals. The four-month trial includes a YouTube Red subscription for ad-free YouTube streaming and can be cancelled at any time. The Play music streaming service usually costs $9.99 per month, giving members access to over 35 million songs.

Screen-Shot-1-4-800x599.jpg

Google recently announced an overhaul of its Google Play Music streaming platform, with new contextually aware, opt-in music recommendation features that promise a more personal music listening experience.

Users who have had a free trial or cancelled a Play Music membership in the past aren't eligible for the Cyber Week promotion, but that doesn't stop anyone curious to see what's changed from creating a new Google account to take advantage of the offer.

Article Link: Google Offering 4-Month Free Trial of Play Music Streaming Service

benjitek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Pretty good 4 months deal. I guess it excludes those who cancelled it or already tried the free trial...pass.
This must be different. I'd already tried an earlier free trial and cancelled. The landing page for this offer has no asterisks with exclusions, so I tried and got the 4-month trial.

On a side note -- the sign up process reactivates location history for 'local playlists' if you previously turned it off in privacy settings. While it does alert you this has occurred, there's nothing during sign up that lets you not have it happen -- if you want it to remain off, you'll need to turn it back off after signing up.

Last edited:

foxcub6

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2011

Google is offering four free months of Play Music as part of its Cyber Week deals. The four-month trial includes a YouTube Red subscription for ad-free YouTube streaming and can be cancelled at any time. The Play music streaming service usually costs $9.99 per month, giving members access to over 35 million songs.

Screen-Shot-1-4-800x599.jpg

Google recently announced an overhaul of its Google Play Music streaming platform, with new contextually aware, opt-in music recommendation features that promise a more personal music listening experience.

Users who have had a free trial or cancelled a Play Music membership in the past aren't eligible for the Cyber Week promotion, but that doesn't stop anyone curious to see what's changed from creating a new Google account to take advantage of the offer.

Article Link: Google Offering 4-Month Free Trial of Play Music Streaming Service
All looks very good I guess this is another Google Home (Amazon Echo ) theme very good looks as if it all works very well Apple beginning to fall behind in my opinion as Siri. Well is Siri would love it to work better mind you I've only seen you tube ads for google home and Alexa etc but looks fantastic , but nether works with Apple Music pity Apple get the finger out pse

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
All looks very good I guess this is another Google Home (Amazon Echo ) theme very good looks as if it all works very well Apple beginning to fall behind in my opinion as Siri. Well is Siri would love it to work better mind you I've only seen you tube ads for google home and Alexa etc but looks fantastic , but nether works with Apple Music pity Apple get the finger out pse
I'm gonna be a great game but I'm gonna be on my own bed for the night and I'm not gonna try to get be on my own way lol lol I it's too early lol I guess don't just wanna be go get it lol I'm not sure what that lol is it lol

...oh... you weren't just hitting the suggested words above the keyboard? My bad...

miknos

Suspended
Mar 14, 2008
I got those 4 months for free and it was nice. Did I continue (and thus paid for) with service? No

At least I registered at GPM and now I can use it to store all my music for free and have it accessible at my fingerprints (phone). That is a pretty good deal.

foxcub6

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2011
I'm gonna be a great game but I'm gonna be on my own bed for the night and I'm not gonna try to get be on my own way lol lol I it's too early lol I guess don't just wanna be go get it lol I'm not sure what that lol is it lol

...oh... you weren't just hitting the suggested words above the keyboard? My bad...
Don't know what your on but you sound like a prick anyhow so I'll just ignore you

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
I now have so many songs and playlists in Spotify, shortcuts in my Bose speakers, apps for lyrics etc. that it would just be too much effort to switch to anything else at this point lol.

saudade

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2015
Hey google....No need thr free trial! We R talking' bout 10 bucks a month LOL i not going 2 be that cheap 2 use a Free trial for that men plz!! Just wandering if thiz works with AppleTV4 or what cause all my house's system B&O is connected to the audio and I use top notch sound quality or nothing at all know what I mean?? I want 2 pay a year in advance maybe 2 C if I like it or not. Still very cheap 4 me only a few bucks, i mean what do u buy with 100 bucks now? A few drinks In my hood maybe?? i was expecting dunno a lot more $$$. Hope i can hear all records i want and no excuses dud. Yall know we run thiz biz know what i mean? Also what software can i use 2 download the songs and convert them 2 mp3 not saying i gonna do it but just saying

Last edited:

iSearch

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2015
This must be different. I'd already tried an earlier free trial and cancelled. The landing page for this offer has no asterisks with exclusions, so I tried and got the 4-month trial.

I got the 4 month free trial during the Independence Day promotion. How did you get to that free trial page if you already completed a free trial? Whenever I go and click "SUBSCRIBE NOW" under the hamburger menu, it only provides the individual and family plan options, and when I click on "INDIVIDUAL" there is a message that says "One free trial per person. You already had a free trial."

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
Hey google....No need thr free trial! We R talking' bout 10 bucks a month LOL i not going 2 be that cheap 2 use a Free trial for that men plz!! Just wandering if thiz works with AppleTV4 or what cause all my house's system B&O is connected to the audio and I use top notch sound quality or nothing at all know what I mean?? I want 2 pay a year in advance maybe 2 C if I like it or not. Still very cheap 4 me only a few bucks, i mean what do u buy with 100 bucks now? A few drinks In my hood maybe?? i was expecting dunno a lot more $$$. Hope i can hear all records i want and no excuses dud. Yall know we run thiz biz know what i mean?
There isn't an app for AppleTV, but you listen via AirPlay Mirroring.

benjitek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
...How did you get to that free trial page if you already completed a free trial?...
I clicked the link in the MacRumors article, clicked the subscribe button (not the hamburger menu) and was offered a free 4 month trial. No idea why it worked for me after previously taking advantage of a different trial and not you.

Regbial

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
I don't get why oeople are laughing at making throwaway accounts. I was actually thinking of making one to use the 15 GB to back up my photos in Google Photos.

... but thats king of mean and abusive no? I dunno, I haven't made it...

Last edited:
Reactions: mkeeley and webbuzz

bigpics

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2002
Rockland County, New York
Four months of more control over G. Play streams.... ...nice. Though I already have 7,000 cuts uploaded for free and appreciate using their very granulated suggested "stations" as slightly trainable discovery mechanisms.

Four months of YouTube without pre-rolls, opt-outs, pop-overs, mid-rolls (if it gets rid of ALL that garbage that's increasingly making YT more pain than gain), and playing on the phone while it's not the focus app, plus the bennies on the GPM side.... ....priceless.

And if as advertised, they'll probably then have me for a few years.

The offline listening/watching would be cool too if I had a phone with a ton of storage.

PS: And I know "YouTube Red" includes a bunch of premium content I don't even know about, so is any of it any good?? Guess I'm about to find out if I can find the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.