Google search bar missing in Safari

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mcooke, Aug 13, 2012.

1. mcooke macrumors member

I just did a software update on my MBP and it asked to close safari so it could update it as well.. I said yes, and closed safari and when it was done I reopened safari and my search bar is missing. It looks like this....
    Screen Shot 2012-08-13 at 12.13.37 PM.png
    Any way I can get the search bar back?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

just type in anything you want to search. It is an universal bar now a la Chrome

3. mcooke thread starter macrumors member

4. whdigital macrumors regular

..and a big Hallelujah to that one. This was among the most glaring problems with Safari IMHO.

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Yup, when I played with it in store, I really wanted to scream, "YES FINALLY SAFARI!"

6. jit1217 macrumors newbie

Safari url

I have a similar, but different problem. I've lost the search bar in Safari. I know I can use the Google search bar to go to a url, but what if you need to copy the url address where your search takes you? I need that for business purposes to cut and paste links. Help?

7. mcooke thread starter macrumors member

Hold the apple button right next to the space bar, and hold c to copy. Apple button and v to paste. I think that's what your saying. If not let me know.

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Instead of hitting return after you paste the URL, click the corresponding "Google Search" item in the drop down menu that appears. It's not as easy, but it'll still do the trick.