Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macclone

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
So .... that means you DO care to some degree.

Possible even a great deal.

Maybe if this was the most important thing in the world to you there would be the possibility of you caring less.

I'm going to assume that, because you commented in this way, this is the single most life affirming moment in your entire existence.

Cheers ;)

By the way, I'm not correcting you in any way, just trying to further understand. "Discussion"- :) That's why we are all here :)

I will not install the freaking google app. Happy now? I have nothing to discuss with someone like you.

Fukui

macrumors 68000
Jul 19, 2002
YouTube got 4 star+ reviews in my country. Not sure what you complaining/unhappy about?:confused:
Hmm, I guess each store is different but in the US and JP stores theres lots of complaining. I don’t know if its hilarious or depressing....lol.
All I know that it is endless.... which was kinda my point.... thats all...

Attachments

• ?? ????2.png
    ?? ????2.png
    211.9 KB · Views: 51
  • ??-1 ????.png
    ??-1 ????.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 61

AbyssImpact

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2010
Apple maps is just fine. No way I will touch a google app. There is a reason why I am using an iPhone instead of a Nexus. Enjoy getting your privacy taken away by using anything google.

DanteMann

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2011
Oh Apple, you should be kissing the feet of Google. They have saved you from yourself and your inflated ego. Next time don't release anything that can get someone killed. Test it first, then test it again, and then test it one more time. Your maps release is a complete insult.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Eager to at least try it out.

Don't care for or need turn by turn, but vectors would be nice at least.

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
I know a few people who might respond that you are absolutely right, hence the reason evil has $100 billion in the bank...

I've yet to read a story about Google using law enforcement to intimidate and bully people into returning prototypes that their employees left in bars... No company/person/government is perfect.

You're right!
In 2005 they were not perfect, but now they are.
Give Google some time!
You'll probably see far worse!

iphoneclassic

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
USA
And why do people keep forgetting/ignoring this fact?

Most of us are aware. One step at a time. In near future a UK/EU Judge will rule Apple should allow users to choose which Maps app they want to integrate.

Just like Microsoft did with IE, they will argue it is all integrated into their iOS, there is no way they can allow other Apps, Judge will tell, Fix iOS and post an apology on main page.

Mr. Milk

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2011
I have absolutely no problem with Apple Maps. It gives better directions than the GPS in my car. Finds everyplace I need to go. Great turn by turn directions. At least in the Seattle area, it is really good. No need for Google.

You Americans need to realize the world is much much bigger than your little bubble and it includes OTHER countries than the USA and that Apple Maps sucks. Plain and simple.

I don't see the reason of your hostility. Someone was just sharing a personal opinion of the app on a specific area.

I'm not American, but, to me, your words "you Americans.. your little bubble.." just showed your shameful prejudice.

Judas1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
This is the type of news you tell after it happens. Now we have sit here and wait, instead of just going to the appstore and downloading. And right now, I'm not even sure the app will actually happen..

lzyprson

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
Respectfully, you are basing this on what, your own experience? Apple maps has shown some very real probalems around the globe, none of which are as severe on Google Maps. How do I know? Well, millions of people use Google Maps (Navigation on Android) and I am not reading about any such complaints.

My anecdotal evidence in Boston, MA: Apple maps has routed me to the wrong place five times and dialed a residential number where it was supposed to dial a business. This has never happened on my Android devices (although my Lumia 920 is just as bad, in different ways).

Maybe the problem is the state of Massachusetts and not Apple maps...

So sick of listen to all this BS. I have been using apple maps since day 1 and haven't had one single problem... Does anyone eemeber google maps when they were first released on the iPhone??!!! They were crap!!!!! LOL...

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2011
It's there..... installing now.... (seems sloooooooooooooooooooow to install)

Update:it took 5 Minutes or so, but it finally installed.

Last edited:

Mav451

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2003
Maryland
Apple maps is just fine. No way I will touch a google app. There is a reason why I am using an iPhone instead of a Nexus. Enjoy getting your privacy taken away by using anything google.

The naivety of this post is astounding. I wonder if you are remotely aware of the privacy you give up using most apps on any smartphone (iOS or Android), but even more so with the free ones.

Apple should really consider displaying the permissions you give to apps so that all users are actually aware.

Mac Eagle

macrumors member
May 5, 2010
I see it in the store, but it is currently unavailable.

I've tried both in iTunes and directly on the phone and it says it is no longer available.

Hope they will release an iPad app as well. That's one of the reasons I haven't updated my iPad to iOS 6 yet.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.