Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bestevaer

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2018
Except Android OS itself is the tracker whether you want it to or not. At least with Apple, iOS system is not a tracker and I can choose what to avoid.
That may be true. But must of the apps you install will track you. There is no choice there.

Do you know exactly which app will track you or not?

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
Breathe. Relax. Take a breathe.

I'm not here to debate something as ludicrous as iPhone displays in the grand scheme of our lives. You are looking at an invoice from a British research and analysis firm that doesn't reflect the actual price of each display paid by Apple. Apple does not provide actual price paid for numerous reasons, most notably are tax incentives, and third parties estimate figures based on other factors. I'd go with the information I know direct from Apple. Additionally, IHS Markit is a third party assessor whose primary focus is on the oil and gas industry.

To your point, it is illogical Apple would charge $275 for a display repair with AppleCare when the iPhone X first launched if the displays were less than half the costs of Samsungs displays.

Most importantly, again, I know first hand from those who worked on the iPhone X redesign. I even provided links and have plenty more.

Honestly, there are more important things in life than arguing over how much an iPhone display cost that it's not worth arguing over what amounts to an ego trip so I'll leave it with:

You are right. I am wrong. I am always wrong and you will always be right. Forever. No sarcasm. I'm being sincere.

Ok? Great! Have an amazing day, mate! :)

Lord, looking back on this thread, you're going after people over the most ludicrous points and your tone is incredibly disrespectful. In retrospect, I will be avoiding discussions with you.
Breathing just fine here lol.

I’ve re-read both my replies to you and I really can’t really figure where you think I’m hyperventilating, but I’m sorry you’re offended and that this hasn’t been the safe space you apparently expected.

I’m sure you would have preferred that I hadn’t disagreed with you, but if I had a nickel for every time someone claimed to have inside information from Cupertino, I’d be a rich man.

We’ve both stated our case, there’s really no need to continue but feel free. Perhaps it might be best to put me on your ignore list, since you don’t seem to like my posts ?‍♂️

Reactions: bobob

dba415

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
Google should release a Pixel 5 Ultra with top of the line CPU, 120Hz screen, and more premium build for $999. I’d be interested in a stock Android phone that has the smoothest experience.

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
Google should release a Pixel 5 Ultra with top of the line CPU, 120Hz screen, and more premium build for $999. I’d be interested in a stock Android phone that has the smoothest experience.
And the SD 765G will give you a plenty good experience especially with 8GB of RAM. Hell even the SD 730G in the P4a is a smooth experience and that's based on all the reviews. As a lot of the Pixel reviews have said, specs are not the end all be all with a Pixel phone. I still use a Motorola Nexus 6 and 6 yrs later it's still a smooth experience on that phone and the specs are nowhere near as good as the newer Pixels.

I will be getting a new Pixel phone during Black Friday. I'm leaning on the P4a 5G because of the bigger screen size but if the P4a gets a nice discount I may go for that.

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
And the SD 765G will give you a plenty good experience especially with 8GB of RAM. Hell even the SD 730G in the P4a is a smooth experience and that's based on all the reviews. As a lot of the Pixel reviews have said, specs are not the end all be all with a Pixel phone. I still use a Motorola Nexus 6 and 6 yrs later it's still a smooth experience on that phone and the specs are nowhere near as good as the newer Pixels.

I will be getting a new Pixel phone during Black Friday. I'm leaning on the P4a 5G because of the bigger screen size but if the P4a gets a nice discount I may go for that.
how smooth of an experience will the 765G provide when running Android 11 though? That SoC doesn't even keep up with Apple's A13.

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
The pandemic is there for everyone but apparently only Apple’s supply chain was affected to the extent of postponing their smartphone release. Coming from the biggest and richest tech company in the world I can only qualify this situation as ridiculous! Amateurish even...

Apple will sell more phones in the first month than google will sell through the year. I like my pixels but they’re still niche

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
how smooth of an experience will the 765G provide when running Android 11 though? That SoC doesn't even keep up with Apple's A13.
Apple's to oranges no pun intended, different phones, different OS's. The 730G offers a VERY smooth experience on the P4a and remember this is stock Android. The 765G is also capable of a very smooth experience. All the reviews I have read back this claim up that the new Pixels do a remarkable job of performance for the average user. Also from what I have read Android 11 is not that radically different than Android 10.

Apple will sell more phones in the first month than google will sell through the year. I like my pixels but they’re still niche

Google doesn't care because as long as it runs Android it's part of the Google family and they make money from its search engine and Google Assistant. So whether Google sells you a Pixel or Samsung or Motorola sells you a phone it's all the same to Google.

• Love
Reactions: smulji
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.