Google Voice

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
Holy cow. If I would've known it was that easy, I would've asked months ago. :)

Add me to the 'want' list :apple:

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I've requested an invite from google over six months ago and still haven't heard back from them. Seriously, who knew it could've been this easy.. lol. I'll continue to wait though, I'm in no rush.

tnisatard

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
I've requested an invite from google over six months ago and still haven't heard back from them. Seriously, who knew it could've been this easy.. lol. I'll continue to wait though, I'm in no rush.

weird, i had 2 email accounts and requested it twice and got both within a week

Stang07

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
Hi, can someone send me an invite too please? kesri8 @ gmail
Thanks in advance!

Nine9si

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I have google voice but have yet to actually find any use for it. I don't get what the point of it is when I can already do all that.. I have invites anyways if anyone wants one go ahead and pm since I don't check back on my posts.

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Houston, TX
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I have google voice but have yet to actually find any use for it. I don't get what the point of it is when I can already do all that.. I have invites anyways if anyone wants one go ahead and pm since I don't check back on my posts.
the option of having a second phone number (for free), that is capable of ringing on what ever phone(s) you designate is not appealing? the ability to Block unwanted callers? Voicemail transcription? free text? the ability to record calls? the ability to listen while someone is leaving a voicemail? these reasons alone should be enough, and did I mention it's FREE?

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
the option of having a second phone number (for free), that is capable of ringing on what ever phone(s) you designate is not appealing? the ability to Block unwanted callers? Voicemail transcription? free text? the ability to record calls? the ability to listen while someone is leaving a voicemail? these reasons alone should be enough, and did I mention it's FREE?
Gotta admit I'm not using it as well. Mostly because I don't want to have to pass out a new number. I'm waiting for them to allow number porting. I'll port my number out of AT&T over to GV.

That and if we had native support from the iPhone I'd be jumping for joy and singing the praises of GV as well.

tac22

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
I've also tried getting an invite twice with google 4 months ago...
But I think google doesnt like me :rolleyes:

It seams like people here are being extra nice :)

If anybody has an extra invite for me as well I would appreciate it

Timacollins22@gmail.com

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
OK I use skype over 3G and wifi alot.

Does Google work the same way?

Second question... when I go to the page to sign up it's giving me two options.

1- Get Google Voicemail
2- Get a new Google number

I want to use Google like I use skype to make and receive calls so which option?

The videos don't explain very well unless I'm missing something.

Marc

tac22

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
I've also tried getting an invite twice with google 4 months ago...
But I think google doesnt like me :rolleyes:

It seams like people here are being extra nice :)

If anybody has an extra invite for me as well I would appreciate it

Timacollins22@gmail.com

1- Get Google Voicemail

I want to use Google like I use skype to make and receive calls so which option?

Marc
Well Im still trying to get an invite but I'm pretty sure there isn't a app on the computer like Skype, if that's what your asking. You have to use it on mobile phone to use the number, and it's also used so you can have all your numbers ring when your google voice number is called

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC

1- Get Google Voicemail

Marc
It's not VOIP like Skype, it uses your voice service.