Got to install an AirPort Express at work

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 50voltphantom, Mar 21, 2013.

1. 50voltphantom, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013

50voltphantom macrumors regular

50voltphantom

I work for a construction company and we have a job trailer that needed a wireless internet connection. Well, being an Apple fan and IT guy by default at my company I selected an AirPort Express (among other things, Windows laptop, wireless printer with AirPrint, etc) as I've had nothing but a good experience with my AirPort Extreme at home. Setup was completely painless and I also recommend the TotalMount if you need to put an Express out of the way. It comes with hardware for any type of mounting situation and is extremely affordable. http://www.amazon.com/TotalMount-Ai...3923971&sr=8-1&keywords=airport+express+mount

Test driving at home:
    [​IMG]

Installed:
    [​IMG]

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I love the new Express. It's very good. I have it as the main router for my home. All concrete walls, two stories and I still get a signal outside in the yard even tho the Express is on the 2nd floor (American 2nd for Brits) dead center of the house and I am 13 feet from house (4 meters for Brits)

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Nice. I went from the original Express "N" to an Extreme to get dual-band. With the capabilities of the new Express I wouldn't hesitate to use it if I were buying today.

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Agree, they are great devices, I actually own a first generation and use it to beam Audio to my Yamaha AV reviver.
    I do prefer the earlier plugin model without the need for an extra cable, shame Apple changed this, but it's still a great and convenient little device.

5. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

You could've installed some cable duct to protect the cables and keep them out of the way. :)