Got to love Verizon employees.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iHalo, Jul 1, 2010.

1. iHalo, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  2. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Maybe you shouldn't have pulled out your iPhone 4 when you obviously had no intention of buying one of their products.

3. Zerase macrumors member

Zerase

*Sigh* I couldn't agree more. A rude Verizon store rep was the reason I went to Cingular long ago. Once at Cingular, the same day, the rep not only was very pleasant through the activation, after, she put in her SIM and let me download like 15 ringtones free from her account, and gave me a free case. Needless to say, I didn't look back.

4. iHalo thread starter macrumors regular

I only did so after the employee got defensive and lied... And you know, I could have been interested in going to Verizon if they got the iPhone 4. That sort of attitude doesn't make me feel "welcomed"

5. jlmitnick macrumors regular

Why did you walk in there with no intention of buying something from them? You went in there to flaunt your iphone 4 and act like a general jackass. I would have asked you to leave to.

6. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Fair enough. :)
    As you know, you will find rude employees everywhere.

Maybe once it's official that they will get it, you should try talking to a different employee elsewhere?
    Don't give that jackass your business.

7. ldkaplan macrumors regular

ldkaplan

Android has animated backgrounds. I think there was one of a pond you could touch the leaves.

I doubt your story though. I was at the Verizon store at lunch and did not see you. :p

8. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Not to be confrontational, but I don't believe you're representing the conversation accurately.

9. iHalo thread starter macrumors regular

I'm sorry, do you want me to record it next time?

10. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

This is how that conversation should have went

Him: Thats the best phone on the market

You: Its kind of cool, but I am actually just in here killing time while I wait for a friend

Him: Ok cool well let me know if you have any questions.

Crisis averted.

11. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

The Verizon store near me is always swarming with reps. They will ask you if you need anything every two minutes, even if you are the only person in the store just looking at a phone and you tell them that you are just browsing.

I never really liked stores that have employees that work on commission. Maybe that is part of the reason Apple stores do so well (Other than Apple having cool products.)

12. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Well I have walked it never pulling my iPhone 3GS out and just asked similar questions about the Droid, they really do not have any straight answers but they really do not playing games, I cant blame them but I know I have the better phone anyway.

13. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

The '100's of fart apps' line is the STUPIDEST arguement anyone can use. Honestly, I have both carriers, but Verizon's increasing level of arrogance just doesn't work for me-even IF they had a better phone!

14. jlmitnick macrumors regular

Heh, even this type of sarcastic response is furthering the entire jackassery of your OP. You already knew more about Android OS, the Droid Incredible, and the iPhone 4 than this salesman yet you went in there and played dumb just to toy with him and generally bother some dude who is sitting in there by himself and probably doesn't get many customers to begin with.

Your questions were not in good faith, they were intended to troll.

15. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

When I used to work at an Apple Store, I actually liked when people would come in with different phones. I'd ask what they liked about it, what they didn't, etc. It's how I got to see/use a lot of the new phones in person so that was cool. Most people who came in looking at iPhones knew whether they wanted to buy one or not.

Anyway, a good salesperson will welcome the opportunity to compare products like that. If you know the strong points of what you're selling you can use those to overcome the weaker ones. I almost never talked about what other products couldn't do but what I was selling COULD do.

You got a crappy salesman.

16. KBlessitt macrumors newbie

KBlessitt

Agreed.

And you lied to him about the Incredible.

I know a Verizon rep that would do anything for me from holding a phone that was just released to discounts on bills, phones, and accessories. even though I left him for the iPhone.

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Really OP?

He is just doing his job and you have to go and argue phones with him when you have no interest in getting one.

Poor form, I hope you feel better now:rolleyes:

18. easyrun99 macrumors newbie

Funny, because I got a call from Verizon after cxl my plan to get the 4. I told him I left for the new iPhone and he simply responded by asking if I'd used the droid phones. I politely said yes, but I preferred the iPhone experience and the new tiered plans (wife is a low user...saves money). He said he understood and that if I changed my mind to give them a call...very polite.

19. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

You're upset with him for selling you Verizon products in a Verizon store? It's his job!

20. Savor Suspended

Savor

Poor taste with a negative intent to flaunt. That's why for awhile, I hated Apple because of an immature fanbase like this.

OP, when your iPhone 4 is stolen or accidentally gets broken someday (bad karma), it may just come from a Verizon employee or customer.

Not cool. Let him do his job and leave him be.

1.7MIL sold in three days. Yeah, you should feel "special" and pat yourself on the back for it.

21. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I'd have asked you to leave also...no offense but I hate people who do that kind of stuff. He was just doing his job.

22. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

Let me get this straight. You went into a Verizon store to be a troll, and are now complaining because they were smart enough to throw you out? I really don't blame them.

23. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Go into the Apple Store with an Android phone and they'll probably spin you a similar yarn. They're doing their job.

24. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

This is true. I got a lot of attitude from an Apple rep when I went to get a case for my iPad and got a call on my Pre.

I've also heard Apple employees spew a lot of false info about Verizon technology, pricing, and policy.

25. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I know this is an old thread and pardon my rant, but today I was told by a Verizon employee that Wifi networks with WPA2 encryption are not secure and the only way to have a secure network is to buy an unlimited plan through Verizon lol.