Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wildmac

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2003
lol, nice one. This is my first Mac and just trying to get used to navigating around it. Just put Ruby on rails on it and all my apps run.

I'm looking to buy an iMac now, but don't think I'll be going through the stress of online ordering again.

Watch for deals at Apple's Black Friday tomorrow....

CeCe

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2006
Canada
I got my DOA MB on Nov. 20 (Monday) and I've talked to the customer service representatives. Does anyone know how long it will take before I get a new one? I'm in Vancouver, Canada. The return was initiated on Nov. 22. I've searched around and what I saw here was different from what customer service told me.

On the forum:
- someone said that once Apple get's the defective unit back, then they will start ordering a new replacement

Customer Service:
- once tracking shows up in the system, they will mail out the new one.

Anyone dealt with a similar problem before?

MacIllini

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2006
West Coast
My friend just got her MB yesterday (first Mac) and it crashed in the middle of the initial set up. :eek: Anyone else have that problem? She hasn't used it much today though so we can't tell if there is a serious problem.

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
Whoooop!

Got my C2D Macbook yesterday in the 1 day sale. The discount was beter than my student discount!

Cost me £808 in total.

Stock 2Ghz model. Man its fast... quicker than the powerbook! I quite like the glossy screen too, although I do prefer the Matte.

The keyboard too has a nice feel. Love it!

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Whoooop!

Got my C2D Macbook yesterday in the 1 day sale. The discount was beter than my student discount!

Cost me £808 in total.

Stock 2Ghz model. Man its fast... quicker than the powerbook! I quite like the glossy screen too, although I do prefer the Matte.

The keyboard too has a nice feel. Love it!

Higher education price is £755 for the C2D 2.0 ghz macbook

borly

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2006
got my white 2.0 last thurs. so far so good with my first mac. i'm just experiencing this slight wave/rippling effect when at low-medium brightness.

other than that, it's such a wonderful machine. :)

qbmcnabb108

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2006
Toms River, NJ
Placed an order on Thursday night.

• White MacBook C2D 2.0GHz
  • 1gig RAM
  • 120gig HDD

Should arrive the 19th. Although I won't be using it until Christmas day...:mad:

rainydays

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2006
I got my white MacBook 2GHZ C2D with 2GB of RAM last week. I just love it. No dead pixels, quiet operation, lovely keyboard. I've experienced none of the usual issues.

I don't like the narrow vertical viewing angle of the screen though. When doing regular desktop work it's not such a big deal, but when watching movies the washed out blacks are definitely disturbing. Other than that the screen is fantastic.

I have only one concern though. When the lid is closed i can move it around horizontally about 0.5mm. Is this normal?
Not a big deal in itself but I'm worried that it might get worse over time.

junkster

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
I don't like the narrow vertical viewing angle of the screen though. When doing regular desktop work it's not such a big deal, but when watching movies the washed out blacks are definitely disturbing. Other than that the screen is fantastic.

I agree. It wish it had a wider viewing angle. No matter how I adjust it, the colors are never consistent all the way from top to bottom. But wow, it's an ultra sharp screen compared to the $800 Dell I used recently.

I also wish it was a tad quieter machine to run, but I realize that's difficult to do. In a quiet room, the fan is definitely audible. When something CPU intensive kicks in, the fan revs up to quite a whine. (The Chess app tends to do this.)

TequilaBoobs

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2006
I agree. It wish it had a wider viewing angle. No matter how I adjust it, the colors are never consistent all the way from top to bottom. But wow, it's an ultra sharp screen compared to the $800 Dell I used recently.

I also wish it was a tad quieter machine to run, but I realize that's difficult to do. In a quiet room, the fan is definitely audible. When something CPU intensive kicks in, the fan revs up to quite a whine. (The Chess app tends to do this.)

thats better than an overheating laptop

setso

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2006
Did anybody out there get their C2D Macbook yet??? What did you order? How is it? Pictures? More Pictures? Problems? Concerns? Praise? Any thing you want to say about your new C2D macbook, please post.

Thanks,

The Stig

..returned my macbook c2d (2ghz/2gb/black) today at the local dealer
.."testing time" was 18 days / money will be returned minus 100€ (-100€)
..fast machine in "xyz" casing / quite tiny fonts on little screen / AC wining
(the black casing shows every (every) little fingerprint etc, i kinda did know)
..windows did work very well, also some crazy 3D games (indeed/on low qual.)
..just to mention:it's just personal experience:you asked for the posting:i go pc

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
Counterposting here :D

I own my MacBook C2D 2GHz White for exactly a month now, and it runs perfectly. The display is wonderful, no dead pixel, videochatting opens HUGE doors for me and my girlfriend, performance is awesome and I am overall very impressed how well it replaces my old desktop Mac (my first laptop ever).

Anything to complain? Yes, one small thing. Next time, PLEASE Apple, put those damn ports on the RIGHT side... or at least one USB port :rolleyes:

peter202

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2006
Corby, United Kingdom
I have had my C2D MacBook 2.0ghz 2gigs ram for 3 weeks now. Its the best computer I have owned. Its quiet unless doing something abit more heavy like compressing video, battery lasts long.. not quite as long as i hoped but it is still very good. Screen is gorgeous the design is gorgeous and the keyboard is great to type with. I was worried about the screen size before i received it but when i arrived i thought 'perfect' and the gloss has been really nice. The magsafe is awesome, it has already saved my computer when engineering at a gig.

My only two worries have been:

The horrible crunching sound when you put a cd into the drive.. it is the worst sound. The first time i put in a disc i just thought thats not good. after talking with other mac owners (teachers) i have found they have the same sound with their MBPs.

My main worry which still preys on my mind is the casing on the port side of my MB. The casing moves quite alot, it does on the right side aswell but only the tiniest movement. A £1000 computer should have no issues.

Overall i give the MB 9/10 I feel bad not giving it 10 caus it is awesome but because of the casing and noisy slot loader...9.

nermal0

macrumors regular
May 31, 2006
Germany
I'm using a Blackbook C2D for a few days now, and I love it! Many things were improved over the MB CD I had before.

- it's dead silent, only on heavy tasks when the temperature gets well above 70 degrees C, the fans turn on. Those fans are much much quieter than the ones in the MB CD. Not distracting, even at full speed.

- Idle temperature of the C2D is about 54 compared to 61 degrees C on my CD

- very fast machine with perfect screen

There are only a few minor annoyances:

• faint CPU whine when charging
  • faint clicks when the Fujitsu HD suspends
  • lid squeals when opening/closing
  • sweat stains the trackpad

I guess I can live with that :)

Thomasrai

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2006
Leicester, England
I Ordered by Macbook on 22nd December

Long time reader, first time poster..., oh great, i sound like a complete radio reject.
well, i ordered a Macbook C2D on the 22nd Dec and the wait is killing me, and they havent even shipped it yet... the shipping date is the 28th December, but with a delivery estimate for the 9th-10th Jan...

2 more weeks of waiting,

how do you guys manage to keep sane while waiting for a new laptop... any suggestions..

Thomas

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
Long time reader, first time poster..., oh great, i sound like a complete radio reject.
well, i ordered a Macbook C2D on the 22nd Dec and the wait is killing me, and they havent even shipped it yet... the shipping date is the 28th December, but with a delivery estimate for the 9th-10th Jan...

2 more weeks of waiting,

how do you guys manage to keep sane while waiting for a new laptop... any suggestions..

Thomas

Looking at your sig it seems like it was a custom configuration. I just chose the stock MB and upgrading RAM/HD myself. Ordered this morning and its already shipped. Earliest is 29th, latest is 4th. Even though it hasn't been 15 hours yet the wait is killing me :D

Thomasrai

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2006
Leicester, England
the reason for the long delivery

the reason for the long delivery is that in the UK (where i am) all shipping companies are closed for a whole week because of new years.... arrrgh

roxnadz

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2006
I'm GLOSSIN' with my 15" C2D 2.33! Picked it up last week at the SF Apple Store. Haven't done too much with it as I've really sort of been just staring at it. I'm in the process of moving most of my crap from my Rev E 17" PowerBook.

Thing feels solid as hell. Glad I bought it. Not worried about any MacWorld announcements. :D

PippinTheJedi

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2006
Ramblin' with the ramblers.
Ordered a 2.0 GHZ BlackBook C2D from MacConnection on Tuesday.:D They said 2-4 days deliery, but it didn't ship until this morning at about 5:30 am. I looked at my tracking on DHL and they said the estimated arrival was January 2nd! Hopefully, it'll hurry up before I go insanse waiting!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

macbookguy

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2006
Just ordered mine today to be here tomorrow!

Went through MacMall and finally ordered a white 2.0GHz C2D MB with 1GB RAM. Also upgraded my iPod while I was at it to a new 5G and bought 2 external HDs, amongst other things. I'm an impatient sucker, so I paid for overnight shipping.

Post-Christmas shopping spree? You bet! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.