Government Shutdown iPhone Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Jimmy Guphanti, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013

Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

Hello,

I ordered a case and screen protector from the Spigen SGP Website on Tuesday October 8th. I got an email later that night saying that it shipped via USPS. It has not arrived yet and every time I check the tracking number, it says

"Electronic Shipping Info Received"

It says this and nothing else, and there is no progress or ETA for the package. Is this due to the government shutdown? Is the mail working? I wish they would fix the shutdown so I can get my iPhone case.

2. Allport1954 macrumors member

Short answer:
    No.

Long answer:
    Spigen sends a shipment notification well before they actually ship the product. For my spigen product, I received a shipment notification and USPS tracking number 2 weeks before the product actually left the company's facility.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'd ask Spigen personally.

Then I'd check out what services are furloughed as a result of the shutdown.

4. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

I have done business with them several times before, and every time I use the same free USPS shipping, and it always arrives within 2-3 days. This time, it seems stuck or something.

5. terzinator macrumors 6502

US Mail is still being delivered.

USPS tracking is notoriously inaccurate and incomplete.

This we know, and lovingly embrace.

6. Bear macrumors G3

The US Postal Service is operating normally*. The USPS is self supporting - that is it gets no money from the federal government and therefore is not affected by any issues with the US budget.

*At least what passes for running normally for the USPS.

7. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

If the package tracking is off that's one thing, but I have not received the package. Something is amiss. I opened a "ticket" with SGP yesterday and have not heard back.

8. terzinator macrumors 6502

9. MrBlackHP macrumors newbie

MrBlackHP

you might be in the same boast as I am. check for my post in the "Spigen troubles" tread

10. xlost6 macrumors 6502

NEVER and I mean NEVER order for the Spigen website. ALWAYS order through Amazon to get Spigen products.

11. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

I just spoke to a friend of mine who ordered something from a different website (totally different product) that is being delivered through USPS and also has the same problem. It might be the post office?

12. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

As stated before in this thread, USPS tracking is terrible. When i order from the states, regardless of the company, if they use USPS, the tracking sometimes has shown it's still in transit when i've actually had it in my hand for up to 2 days

13. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

USPS is still operating, they just happen to be an awful carrier.

And I too wish the gov't shutdown would end so I wouldn't be furloughed any further and get my normal paycheck........

<3 gov't slave who's waiting patiently for a case too

14. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't have it in my hand though, that's the problem. It's not the tracking I am concerned about, it's about whether or not the product did get shipped and is coming.

15. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

You're not really paying attention to what people are saying in this thread.

Most companies, including Spigen, will sent out a shipping notification within a few hours of when you purchase it, even if the item itself hasn't shipped

USPS tracking is spotty and inaccurate.

Specifically what case was it? If it was something that was on backorder, it wouldn't ship right away anyway.

16. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

It is the tough armor case, it said it was in stock.

17. bornjr macrumors member

Columbus Day today = USPS Holiday. This isn't good news for you either. I ordered mine from Amazon as well.......2 days shipping.

18. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

I ordered it last Tuesday.

19. pat park macrumors 6502a

Spigen is known for generating a tracking number and not shipping the item. Several forum members have been really upset with this practice. It can take several weeks for the item to show up. The tracking numbers show no activity, until the actually ship the item. They either do not have it in stock and are taking the order/money first or they are just really unorganized.

20. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

It is now Day 9, still no response from them. Tracking information says the same thing. Has anyone had this happen before?

Thanks

21. Prospekt macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat. Ordered from spigen's amazon store (not sold or fulfilled by amazon). Email said shipped on the 11th but it's still at "Electronic shipping info received" and the expected date to arrive was 2 days ago. Also paid for expedited delivery.

Sent them one of those "where's my items?" emails through amazon and told them it is ridiculous that they send out shipping info and take our money without actually shipping the item on time.

22. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

crap i just bought something on ebay from spigen and I got the same message

23. LithePanther macrumors 6502

The postal service is not affected by the government shutdown.

24. GALAGA macrumors member

GALAGA

you`ll get your item, i ordered from spigen via ebay too, they`re just overwhelmed with the high demand of their cases right now. But you`ll get them. :)

25. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

Today is Day 11, no reply back via their website or email, no package yet, tracking still stuck saying that it has not been received.