GPS/locations program

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by moviefanaddict2, Apr 18, 2015.

1. moviefanaddict2 macrumors newbie

moviefanaddict2

Anyone know of a good Mac program where you can save your GPS location, take photos, and name locations? My husband needs it for a business trip where he will be installing lightning detection systems at camps. Being able to name his locations and take pictures of placement of the equipment is very helpful. Thanks in advance.
    Would be great if it was an iOS as well as OS X compatible program.

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Look at gps4cam on the iOS side; it works with some of its own desktop software, but also with HoudahGeo, which can use gps4cam as well as maps and other input.

3. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

iPhoto is actually quite good at this. Maybe problematic if "camps" is somewhere in the wilderness where it can't name the location.

4. moviefanaddict2 thread starter macrumors newbie

moviefanaddict2

Will check out gps4cam. The key is he needs to be able to add a few details. Such as location of the systems (roofs, poles, etc) and yes sometimes it's in the middle of nowhere. So being able to name locations is key as well as provide a few details. I also saw GPS Map Tracks but does not look like you can add photos.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate it