Graphic Converter

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Newmacer2, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Newmacer2 macrumors regular

I'm interested in downloading Graphic Converter primarily due to it's ease of creating animated GIFs. I can't afford the full version of Photoshop. I see that GC is available through Lemke Software for about 40 bucks, but I also see it as a free download from Softonic. There must be a catch, but I don't see it. Anyone know the difference. Also, anyone use Graphic Converter instead of PS. Thanks.

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I think that the free download will be an older version. It was when I got my free download a few years ago.

3. diane143 macrumors 6502a

You used to be able to get a "free" (demo) version from Lemke in the past. It doesn't do everything though. I paid for it simply for the batch conversion and it was worth every penny!

4. Newmacer2 thread starter macrumors regular

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I've used it for years and it is well worth the price
    Great software

6. Newmacer2 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm Sold!

I'm ordering it tonight. Thanks to everyone.

----------

I love your avatar!

7. Huntn Suspended

Huntn

GC v9

I've used GC for a decade. I recently upgraded to v9. I'm not a graphics genius, but I know how to work with levels having used Photoshop, Illustrator, and Elements, however it seems like when I place text on the active level, it does not act like it's on the level I chose. I read somewhere about how under preferences>edit, there is a selection to auto assign text to a level, but I don't see that so it's possible that this was for an older GC version. For experimentation, I placed some other graphics on a level, like the pencil took and that worked. What's wrong with text?

Thoughts? Thanks! :)