Graphics hiccup at startup?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by applefan289, Aug 27, 2010.

1. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Unless I reset the NVRAM, there is a screen hiccup at startup. Right after the Apple logo, but right before the blue screen, there is a graphics glitch where there are a bunch of gray lines/marks for a second, then it starts up normally. Could this be a virus? It goes away after resetting the NVRAM. I did a clean install of OS X Snow Leopard to see if it would go away, but it's still there. I don't want to reset the NVRAM again because I don't like how the computer starts up at a bright setting.

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

I have had this problem also. But I noticed it after I downgraded from Snow Leopard to Leopard. Every so often, whenever I started up Leopard, I would get graphic glitches all over my screen after the Apple Logo boot screen but before it reached the Leopard desktop.

However, I never seemed to come up whenever I booted into Windows 7 and since upgrading back to Snow Leopard, I haven't experienced the glitch since.

3. applefan289 thread starter macrumors 68000

Interesting - it happens to me every single time! I checked my entire system using Techtool deluxe, and everything's fine.