GRE Preparation

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, Sep 15, 2012.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

So if one is preparing for the GRE examination, what are your recommendations?

One is taking the Princeton Review course. Is there any supplements one should add? One needs a relatively strong math score, yet that's the weak point. Any suggestions for that part?

Is the BenchPrep app (iPhone) any good?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I thought you were a College Graduate... anyways, I think Kaplan has a GRE handbook which includes several practice tests.

3. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

Not me. I'm asking for someone else.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Still same advice, Kaplan has nice guides. I used them for the FE preparation and passed.

5. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I used the kaplan book and then their flash cards. Worked great for me, tested pretty well.

6. WoodNUFC macrumors 6502a

WoodNUFC

I just took the test yesterday.

I worked through the Princeton Review book and used the Manhattan GRE vocab flashcards. After a month of studying, I improved my scores 3 points in each section (Verbal 160-163, Quant 150-153). It was a much more impressive improvement on the old scale where I improved 50 points each.

I've heard good things about Magoosh, but really haven't used any of their materials. They appear to have some money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied.

7. malman89 macrumors 68000

The math is quite easy and everyone I know that has taken it (myself included - last fall during the transition of scoring where I got both scale scores) has scored much higher on math than expected.

The verbal is much more difficult and tricky - especially those questions with multiple answers (3-5 a question) and if anything is wrong, the whole question is wrong if I remember correctly.

I think I bought a basic Kaplan or Princeton Review GRE book from Amazon that I sort of scanned over. That and the review material on the GRE site was more than enough.

8. denzaltrueman macrumors newbie

I do believe that if you are able to create yourself concentrate on any thing you do specially study and can give your very best efforts to it and put the attempt of research in you do not need to pay huge amount of money to the coaching. So this is my recommendation and do not impose your responsibility on other.