Great browser comparision chart

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chameleon81, Jul 10, 2009.

1. chameleon81 macrumors 6502

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

NS, DR.

(No Safari, Didn't Read) :p

Honestly, if you're going to outright lie about your browser, you may as well lie about every other browser out there.

3. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Marketing scam. I'd like to see actual numbers.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Total marketing BS.

I'm pretty sure engadget or somebody did a run through of that list a couple weeks ago busting it full of holes.

FF 3.5 here, I love it.

5. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Quote: "Sure, Firefox may win in sheer number of add-ons, but many of the customizations you'd want to download for Firefox are already a part of Internet Explorer 8 – right out of the box."

This to me just doesn't make any sense. What features does IE8 have that firefox offers with the ability to use add-ons? This is a total scam.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Lo, no Safari. What an outright lie. It's sad to know that some computer illiterate people will buy into that.

7. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Haha yeah I've seen this before. It's such a joke. M$ is forever stuck in its own little world.

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

There is a difference between BS and outright lies. Much of the chart are outright lies. IE is the least W3C standards-compliant browser available. The chart is also out of date because the most current release of Firefox is Firefox 3.5. Even at that, Firefox 3.0 is a better browser than IE8.

BTW, there is a reason why Safari garners nary a mention. The Windows version of Apple's browser has become popular among Windows users who want to avoid the malware issues inherent in IE. M$ doesn't want to raise Safari's profile for fear of its gaining even more credibility on the Windows platform.

9. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

Usual Microsoft crock of crap marketing rubbish. Aaah. I feel better now. :)