Great case for iPhone 4!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mmyers0520, Jul 4, 2010.

1. mmyers0520 macrumors regular

Got this rocketfish gel case at best buy for ~ $15...love it, grippy but slides easily in and out of pocket, looks sick IMO, good functionality in terms of the lock button, camera, flash, etc. and won't sag like a rubber case AND doesn't show scratches. I've dropped $300 plus on countless cases over the years and this is by far the best I've had. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

To each their own. Personally I think that case looks awful.

3. mantan macrumors 68000

LOL! Textbook example of we all like different things.

I opened up the threat hoping it would be the perfect case to replace the Rocketfish case I'm using as an emergency stopgap!

It does a great job of protection. But the cheap rubber feel and the 'bejeweled' look on the back does nothing for me.

4. coasterider macrumors regular

I have this case too. My only complaint about this case is the lock button is harder to push and it doesn't fit 100% straight on the iphone, although there is no sliding but the phone the sides just are not straight.

5. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

i cannot describe why i think that case looks awful, but i do think that case looks awful.

6. mmyers0520 thread starter macrumors regular

haha i secretly thought the same thing about the bejewled look but have actually gotten all compliments on it...and yes all from guys

lol well nvm then i like it haha but apparently everyone else hates it. oh well, at least it fits right

7. joneill55 macrumors 6502

Great picture for the wall paper. Where may I ask is that location? Quite beautiful.

8. mmyers0520 thread starter macrumors regular

thank you for a positive comment haha...interfacelift.com (they have an app too) lots of great stuff

9. Octane19 macrumors member

Just picked this case up at BB. Must say I was skeptical, but it really works for me. I had a cheap silicone one off ebay that caught lint like a mutha and was too loose. This one has a tacky feel, fits the phone great and slides in and out of the pocket much easier than the very grippy silicone on the other one. Only downside as others have mentioned is the firmness of the buttons. The sleep button is not as bad as the volume up and down and it's something I can live with for now. The design is decent if not a little loud, but other than that, I highly recommend it as a go to case at least until the big name manufacturers release there's (cough, Otterbox, Switcheasy).

10. tanster macrumors regular

tanster

I have this case as well, which is the Best Buy Rocketfish Soft Gel TPU Fitted Case, color smoke.

This is a soft case, translucent with a glossy finish.

I bought it because 1) my favorite iPhone 3GS case was the iSkin Solo, and 2) it was one of the few cases available before iPhone 4 release day. :)

Here are a few more pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a translucent case so the back lets the Apple logo show through. The inside has a bubble-like texture, not sure if that helps with drop protection.

As coasterider mentioned, the fit is great all the way around except for a little too much give on the lower right side (you can see it in the second photo from the top). I thought I had a defective case, but when I went back to Best Buy to exchange it, the replacement case also had the same issue. It's not super noticeable, but it's definitely there.

Other than that, the cut-outs and buttons are pretty accurate.

I went back to Best Buy yesterday and noticed they have a few more colors -- pink, a turquoise blue, and a dark blue.

11. iTiki macrumors 6502

Wow, that that case is like wrapping a piece of art with a turd....

12. Octane19 macrumors member

If that turd protects that art from shattering, go for it. I'd rather use this case though :p Honestly like I said, it's not the best looking but it's decent especially when you look at the limited selection at retail stores right now.

13. r3b37 macrumors newbie

14. Octane19 macrumors member

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I like it.
    Im thinking about buying one of them at my local BB also.
    My wife got the pink one for her iphone 4 and it feels and protects pretty good.
    Im between this one in smoke color or a black Apple bumper.
    Do they make any other colors for that rocketfish like clear?

16. artofdesign macrumors member

17. mmyers0520 thread starter macrumors regular

haha thanks - I like it too, only downside like other have mentioned, is the fact that the buttons are a little hard to push but thats it. mine fits great and definitely can appreciate the attention to how the buttons/camera/flash are cutout. and the fact it won't show scratches (speck candyshell), or the backing doesn't peel away (rubbery casemate slider) is a huge plus, especially when you're paying ~$20 for something that cost <$3 to develop/produce/ship

and I got it for 15 or 17 I believe, I'm not sure why they'd be priced differently at different stores?

18. mmyers0520 thread starter macrumors regular

bump for anyone that wants more pics of this case :apple:

19. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

It looks quilted like Northern toilet paper. But hey, to each their own! I'm glad you like it.

By the way, this case was $15 in my local Best Buy.

20. mmyers0520 thread starter macrumors regular

:D my case is soft...and up to 4x as absorbant as other cases

21. izzisdashiz macrumors member

22. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I've got the thicker Rocketfish Mobile Case (RF-WR1001). Cost $15 at BB.

Pros are that it's loose enough that you can pop it on and off in a hurry. It's also thick enough to provide a ton of drop protection.

Cons are it's loose enough that you can pop it on and off when you don't intend to (such as removing your phone from your jeans pocket). It's also thick enough that it makes the phone look like a generic PDA.

All in all, until more choices come along, I'm sticking with this. My son has the iforgz lean on his which looks terrific but isn't going to do jack in a drop (and I'm clumsy).

[​IMG]

23. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Zagg + Apple

I have a Zagg invisible shield coupled with the black Apple bumper. It looks great and doesn't interfere with the look in my opinion.

The Zagg shield is barely noticeable and allows the beautiful retina display to shine perfectly.

[​IMG]

24. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

I also have the "bejeweled :D" Rocketfish case the OP has. Overall I'm impressed by it......no it's not the best looking case, but the fact that they were able to produce one that A) actually fits and B) has the proper cutouts is impressive.

I was able to pick this up in store for only $15 bucks. Other Rocketfish cases were $20.

Again, not going to be my permanent case, but at least it's cheap and decent quality.

Sucks to be those that spent $25+ on the iFrogz cases and have the problems with the flash!

-Kevin

25. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

That looks like something that would sit under a truckers feet...