Great iPad Cleaner

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DunnMaui, Apr 20, 2010.

1. DunnMaui macrumors member

I bought this little (about 3" across) fuzzy thing at Walmart in the household cleaner section. It works great to clean my iPhone so i'm sure it will be awesome with the iPad. You can rub really hard with it without fear of scratching.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    bottom

2. mobilehavoc macrumors 6502

mobilehavoc

The best cleaners without doubt are the pre-moistened lens towelettes you get from the local Lenscrafters or eye place. They are designed for cleaning glasses...guess what the iPad screen is made of? ;)

3. spammerhamster macrumors 6502

Guess which glass has a oleophobic layer on it?

4. DunnMaui thread starter macrumors member

5. mobilehavoc macrumors 6502

mobilehavoc

Oleophobic layer is BS...this thing attracts fingerprints like there's no tomorrow and wiping them away is not as easy. My HTC Hero has one and friend's iPhone 3GS has one, those you believe. iPad? Not so much.

6. pooryou macrumors 65816

Wiping away fingerprints works fine on mine. Wonder why it might not on yours.....................?

7. kirchnrd macrumors 6502

kirchnrd

Same here, no different than my iPhone. I just use a microfibre cloth from the auto detailing section at walmart and it works great with no spray. I also bought a net book sleeve so it has a tiny bit more room, and I can keep the cloth in it too.

8. iBLAKEE macrumors 6502

Because while he is trying to wipe away the finger prints he is setting there going 'nom nom nom nom' on some fried food.

9. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i just use a fine microfiber cloth probably once ever few days (if that)... usually it's my sleeve or something.. works fine on my 3GS and iPad

10. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

attach a battery and a vibrator and they might sell a few thousand of those things...

11. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Throw the iPad in the dishwasher (short cycle) and it will come out looking brand new! :D

12. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I feel like my iPad was not coated well either...I have a 3GS and I can literally wipe it once on my jeans and it looks brand new. My iPad I can scrub for like 5 minutes with a microfiber cloth and it still looks smudgy.

13. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I've found #5 steel wool and Comet works the best. Gets rid of all the fingerprints and smudges.

14. iowamensan macrumors 6502

I use the screen wipe that comes with iMacs. I tuck in my iPad case behind the iPad so I alway have it with me. Mine shows fingerprints like no other, but they seem to wipe off fairly easily.

15. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

LOL

16. maclover92 macrumors newbie

until some idiot actually tries it....;)

17. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

So true. I'm glad I already had a microfiber cloth for my TV because I am giving my iPad a quick wipe every few minutes when I am actively using it. Wipes away really easy with the fuzzier of the two clothes the came with the iKlear cleaning kit.

18. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

19. Shymcfly macrumors member

I don't see it being much of an issue but to each his on although when I do wipe it down I use a lens cleaning cloth from my camera bag

20. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

Best way to clean your iPad is with a clean micro fiber cloth. You can pick these up at and hardware or automotive store. Don't use any liquids/solvents etc...trust me

21. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

The cleaning cloth from my iMac works wonders!

22. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I have found that an old t-shirt works the best. The microfiber cloth I had seems to just push the smudges around, while the shirt just wipes them off...

23. patp Guest

i use a micro fibe cloth and it works fine. I keep my hands clean and do not use the ipad when i am eating.

24. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

I do what Apple suggests and that is to use a soft clean slightly damp cloth! It doesn't take that long at looks great!

It would be great if there was a better way to resist finger oils, but it is what it is!

Never washed my hands SO much! ;)