Great, More Teenaged Drama

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ghall, Jan 7, 2008.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

So my girlfriend transferred schools and she started at her new school today. I knew this was happening, but I thought I'd be fine. Well, I woke up this morning, and just didn't feel any motivation to get up and going. I knew I wasn't going to see my girlfriend so what was the point? Even just being able to see her for a half hour at lunch was enough to get me up and out everyday, but now I don't really care.

Deep down I'm fine with my girlfriend transferring, she didn't move so it's not like I can never see her again, it's just that she made school bearable. It was really tough for me this year before we started dating, all this senior year stuff is really stressing me out. Every day is just so tough to get through, what with my anxiety problems, and my school-work stress, it just doesn't feel worth it to me.

So basically I stayed home today pretending to be sick. Now I feel guilty on top of feeling upset. I just feel horrible.

You guys have given me really helpful advice in the past, so I hope you have some good ideas.

2. kygeographer macrumors member

Oey, the trials and tribulations of teenage love.

Here's my two cents. If it's meant to be, it'll be. These things have their ways of working out.

In the grand scheme of things, this could be fairly minor.

I feel for ya, at least you can still see her outside of school though:cool:

3. CJRhoades macrumors 6502

4. Queso macrumors G4

Pull yourself together. Of course you're demotivated. It's called winter.

Unless you were planning to graduate then work at the same company until you both retire to the same nursing home you were at some point going to have to get through an entire working day without the aura of her glorious presence. Now stop getting distracted and do your homework or something.

5. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

6. bartelby macrumors Core

Or, alternatively.

One day you wake up and realise you're sick of the sight of her.

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Actually, I think most studies have shown that typically happens in the early evening, after dinner.

8. bartelby macrumors Core

Did I specify the time of day he wakes up? :p

9. smokeyrabbit macrumors 6502

Set an example for your generation and go out and help someone. You'll be surprised at how much better you feel about yourself.

10. Aranince macrumors 65816

Thats better...

11. bartelby macrumors Core

Nope, you're wrong. :p:D

12. Queso macrumors G4

What reaction does Steve Ballmer get from an audience?

That's Jeopardy ;)

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

find some hobbies and get involved

never get to dependent on a girl. just asking for heartache and trouble

14. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

This was a brilliant post. Harsh, but brilliant.

15. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Sure, helping someone else will make you feel better for today.

But Mcarnes advice will get you through the rest of your life.
    ;)

16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

you have to realize that you're your own person. don't be dependent on someone else to make you happy.

17. BanjoBanker macrumors 6502

BanjoBanker

A lot of Fish!

Cowboy up! You are in High School, a place known to be crawling with attractive young ladies. Look at this as an opportunity to sample the buffet, life is short enough, enjoy your life and don't tie yourself to one girl so soon.:cool:

18. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Be really, really, almost stupid-ly enthusiastic. Identify the best part of each class and enjoy it. Look forward to the best part of your day, and ''get through" to that period.

And about your girlfriend, just remember: All but one relationship in your life will fail.

19. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

I was rejected by a girl whom I am crazy about, a month or so ago, the very evening that all of my finals were over with. I slept for a few hours, then sat around my dorm all day. I don't know if I ate. I wandered aimlessly around campus for three or more hours that evening, before going back to sleep. Same thing the next day. I just felt so dumb and worthless....I just walked around campus again and again and again.....then I spent an afternoon walking around on some trails in the woods. Gradually, I spent more time outside and less time inside, and I managed to get to the point where I could contain my feelings and people didn't automatically assume I was in a bad mood.

I still feel dumb and worthless, and I'm still crazy about her. But I'm not in a near catatonic state any more :)

Call her up and invite her to go see a movie!

Or make her some brownie balls! Basically, you bake brownies. When done, let sit for just a minute or three, then cut out the inside and spoon it into a bowl (it's hot!!) throw away the crust (the outer half inch or so). As soon as you can manage it with your hands without burning them, make small balls, and set them on a plate, of smushed brownie. Let them cool. Now heat up a bowl of white chocolate chips, maybe mix in the very tiniest bit of vegetable oil but it's better if you don't. Do this in a bowl in the microwave. Once it's quite liquid, you drop in one ball at a time. Roll it around carefully with a spoon (they can fall apart, so be careful) until it's covered in white chocolate, then drop it on a plate (w/ the spoon! The chocolate stuff is hot!!) Repeat until finished. Let them cool, but they should be eaten close to room temperature. If you take them out of the fridge and try to eat them, it's har dto bite into them.

That'll distract your mind and put it on her at the same time. Then drive to her house and surprise her! She'll love them, unless she hates chocolate.

20. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

sweet the ghall threads have recipes now. I would just call her, and its not like she moved away.

21. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

Do not let your worth be determined by another. Be who you want to be and the things that will happen will happen because of who you are not because of who you are with.

22. letsgorangers macrumors 6502

Relationships can make you happy, but they should not be the only thing that makes you happy. If you weren't happy with yourself (and by yourself) before meeting this girl, you won't ever be happy with her. Every time something goes wrong in your relationship, your world will feel as if it's crashing.

Oh and whatever you do, don't tell your gal that you stayed home all day pining for her. This is not romantic nor is it a behavior us females desire.

Get ahold of yourself, kid. If your girlfriend not being at school leaves you with no reason to wake up, I fear the day when something REALLY bad happens.

23. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Now all we need are people who tell the future.

I predict ghall will make another one of these threads in......one month.

Remember those words, people.

24. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Oh, he'll be coming 'round sooner than that.

Back on topic, I know what you mean. You just need to find something else exciting about school and fun--- make homework fun. It's possible. Or, find some other really fun people. Just find something worthwhile in it and you'll be fine.

25. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

What the hell does that mean?

Anyway, I talked to a good friend of mine, and I'm feeling much better. I guess I just got used to just having something to look forward to every day (seeing my girlfriend at lunch) that I forgot that I need to make my own stuff to look forward too. So with that, I'm going to hang out with my girlfriend after school tomorrow. We're going to meet up after school, and figure something out from there.