GREAT NEWS! AIM.APP is FIXED in 2.1!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSpaz, Sep 10, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Okay so check this out. Using AIM.app in Firmware version 2.1, the correction bubbles now appear ABOVE THE WORDS!!! I'm not making this up. I just installed 2.1 on my iPod touch!

THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!

I'll post a screenshot in a second!

In case anyone didn't know, when the bubbles appeared below the words, it was really hard to type any letters that were on the top row of keys if they were directly underneath the bubble because then you'd inadvertently close the correction and spell stuff wrong.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=549960 See here.

Attached Files:

2. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I think this is a firmware fix, as the SDK was inconsistent with where the bubbles appeared (I've always got them to appear below the textfield/searchbar no matter what I did).

3. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

That's what I said. The 2.1 "Firmware" fixes the AIM.app correction bubbles. It's definitely a firmware fix because I didn't re-install AIM.app after the firmware upgrade.

4. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.0.2 JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Why is this thread in the iPhone forum? I thought there was a dedicated app forum, and an iPod touch forum too ... :confused:

5. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Hmm... perhaps you're right. Maybe it's because it's a 1.2 specific fix. It's fixed in Firmware 1.2. If it was a new AIM.app update, then I would have put it in the App forum. This is definitely Firmware news. I'm happy.

6. Cadium macrumors member

This is great news, I am excited for Friday so I can update my iPhone 3G to iPhone Software 2.1. :)

7. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

cause it's a firmware fix and I'm sure there are more iphone users who use aim than iPod touch users :p.

8. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

This is a great start for a great update! I've been on Paringo to avoid this. But...it still comes up!

9. kleo macrumors regular

10. daze macrumors 6502

daze

Meh. Wake me up when Apple released third party notifications...

11. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.0.2 JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Awesome! You got the 2.1 upgrade for the iPhone! Post a link already!

12. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

No hes referring to the 2.1 iPod touch firmware

13. DaZe3 macrumors member

14. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I know. ;)

He's posting about an app, running on an iPod touch. In the iPhone forum.

What's the point of having different forums if people just post things wherever they feel they'll get the most traffic? :mad:

15. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

More people read the iPhone forums. I wanted to show the iPhone'rs what they were going to get on Friday. I personally am excited and I can't wait. It's gonna be great. I've been playing around with 2.1 today and it's pretty nice.

Why aren't you just happy that this bug was fixed? iPod touch, iPhone... they're both running essentially the same software.

16. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Oh, I'm thrilled about the bug fixes. I don't think each one deserves its own thread, though. Besides, if I want to read about apps running on an iPod touch, this "iPhone" forum is the LAST place I would check. Kind of defeats the purpose of organizing the boards into forums and sub-forums if people just post stuff wherever they feel they'll get the most thread views, doesn't it?

17. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

haha got it! Sarcasm is so hard to catch on the internet!

18. toxicbomber macrumors 6502a

It wasn't the link. I failed... but I think it was close thou.

19. kleo macrumors regular

Considering the iPhone and iPod Touch are all most identical software wise, and no one here really cares about the hardware differences; you just proved a good point that the mods should re-consider the iPhone/iPod touch separation. Thats like having an OS X forum for MacPros and a separate forum for OS X for iMac.

20. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

21. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

What about a Mobile OS X Forum that is separate from the iPod touch and iPhone forum. I mean if you're gonna have just one app store forum instead of iPod touch apps and iPhone apps, then why have 2 devices on the forum. I figured iPhone users would like this news more since we have Internet everywhere.

I know a lot of people were waiting for this, well it's here. I'm spreading the news.

I understand that I could have simply just posted this fix inside the thread that is in the iPod touch forum, but then only iPod touch users would have seen it and there's a food chance that it would have just gotten looked over and lost on that long thread of people repeating the same things.

22. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

Spaz... thank you. I actually never check the Touch forums and this is something that is useful to me as I use AIM and have disliked this myself. This is not mentioned in the bug fixes.
    :apple:

23. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Yeah me too. I mean, first I would obviously check the AppleTV forum. Then the iMac, eMac, Mac mini forum and next the 5,000,000 Post Contest forum and only then would I have a quick look in the iPhone forum (and yeah, I might not even check then, because the touch is nothing like the iPhone).

Hilarious. Yeah I agree. I fully expect MacRumors to have nine separate forums for the new nanos. God help you if you post something in the Green Nano forum that properly belongs in the Orange Nano forum, just because you prefer green. I'll be watching, and if you do, I'll repeatedly post in that thread, just to show how annoyed I am.

24. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I just thought iPhone users would be pretty happy about this news. It's just one more reason why I can't wait until Friday. Relax.

If I would have posted this news in the iPod touch forums, then the iPhone users would have been left in the dark... and if I posted it in both forums, then I'd have redundant threads. I opted for the more popular forum.

Besides, this isn't an iPod-specific feature, I'm talking about a Firmware 2.1 feature/bug fix.

Thanks for playing though.

25. FJR macrumors regular

Nice.