Great purchasing experience at Radioshack.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mars478, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

I just purchased my iPhone 4 32GB from the Radio shack around the corner from my house. I had previously owned a 32GB 3GS up until 15 minutes ago. As soon as I got there, I asked if they had any iPhone 4's and they told me they had ONE (!!!) 32GB, perfect I thought. I asked about the trade in process with the 3GS and they told me that I could trade in my 3GS (perfect condition) with cable and brick for 200$, so I put in an extra 100$ (This was my plan the whole time) and After a few signatures, they activated my 4 and I walked out with a new iPhone!

Really a great purchasing experience, for my first brand new iPhone, all of my others have been second hand. Radioshack rocks!

2. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

With a minor amount of work you could have jailbroken and unlocked your 3GS and sold it for $350 on ebay.

3. Mars478 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mars478

Yes I obviously know that. I've been trying to do that but I've been scammed countless times. And plus I have to wait weeks. This is much quicker.

4. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Nice work dude that sounds like a good deal. $100 for an upgrade is something I'd do for the next iPhone.

5. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I'm happy for you. Unfortunately I did not have such a pleasant experience at RS. On June 15 (as in nearly 2 months ago) I went into a radio shack to preorder an iPhone 4 and at the same time sell my 3GS since the price was plummeting. Well, I sold the phone for $250 and then they tried to preorder the ip4. By the time they tried to do the preorder , it was rejected. So I was stuck with a radio shack gift card with $250 on it. To this day, Radio Shack has not received one phone. I went ahead and bought my phone on launch day when it became clear that radio shack wouldn't have any. The whole "Radio Shack will have the Iphone4 Promotion" was a big joke.

6. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

nice to hear...after hearing about this, im going to bite the bullet and get the Iphone 4....dam i wish they had it in stock...i guess waiting a few days will give me a few days to really think about it...but ill prob bite.

7. Mars478 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mars478

Yeah they told me they had ONE and it's the one I got... What a lucky draw.

They also told me about their shipments, told me that they got 16 in 2 shipments of 8. People want the 16GB more according to them. I got really lucky.

also, in my room in the back of an apartment built in the 1850's I used to get 2-3 bars with my 3GS, with my 4 I get 4-5. It's amazing. The antenna gate is definitely there though, so I just bought a cheap case from china town until I get my case program one...

8. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

9. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I gave my other iPhone 4 away, so I was looking for a new one, and I went into a Radio Shack today and had a similar experience.

They only had 1 iPhone 4 left and it was 32 gigs. Process was painless and the guy was very helpful.

10. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

Similar experience in The Shack. Painless and fast, plus the girl was HOT!, and got her phone number.

My wife didn't liked that one though. :D

11. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Yeah I bet! :rolleyes:

And i gotta agree, you should have sold it on Craigslist or something to get more money, but atleast you got your iphone4!

12. richard371 macrumors 68000

Hey do they still have that little card where you can get a free battery every month? I used to love that when i was a kid :)

13. Mars478 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mars478

nahhh now they're a big money making corp... not like before where they actually sold RADIO parts :p

14. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

so anyone went from a 3G to a iphone4 using the trade in?

im assuming they will honor your att discount price + give you the trade in value right then and there?

15. Mars478 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mars478

Yes, I believe you can trade in other gadgets too. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me

I'm curious to know what they do with the traded in devices :cool:

16. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Radio Shack and Wal-Mart are not getting much stock of iP4. Glad I did not bother much with either. They will probably be the last to have a reliable stock.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

Traded in my 3GS on Launch Day for an iPhone 4 32gig. Had no issues with the transaction.

18. Micah McDowell macrumors newbie

Just happened upon this thread. When I went looking for an iPhone 4, Radio Shack was the ONLY place in my city with one in stock. They tried to sell me some extra crap but otherwise the transaction went smoothly. Nobody at Best Buy/AT&T/etc. could even tell me IF they would ever get some in stock, much less when.

Thought about the trade-in deal but I'm loaning my 3GS out to someone for the time being.

19. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

just got back from ratshack with my new iphone 4....HORAAYY

They took my 3g and gave me 107$ credit towards my 4, they also honored my upgrade price from ATT. So in the end it cost me 93$ + tax and 15$ upgrade fee.

I know i could of got slightly more for it if i went online and unlocked it...but they i gotta deal with the hassle of shipping and if something went wrong..plus 107 is around what i would of got anyway including shipping costs.

Very good people there also...chatted them up about puter games and such..Went to Ratshack in Parkland, FL.

BTW....easiest and quickest jailbreak E V E R !!