great service from genius bar

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by humanliberty, Aug 4, 2009.

1. humanliberty macrumors newbie

I just got a replacement iPhone 3g! I'm so excited. My old one was pretty scratched up both the screen and the back, but it had a long 3 inch crack in the middle of the back straight up that came out of nowhere (hard to prove). It also had the hairline crack near the mute button.

As a "one time courtesy" I got a new one, just before my warranty ended. Thanks Apple! Really awesome.

Now I am wondering whether to buy apple care. Do you guys think it's worth it?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Apple Care is Always worth it.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Do you want to risk it cracking again and you not having it covered? BTW how much is it for the iPhone?

4. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

6. applerocks macrumors regular

I always recommend AppleCare for Mac laptops, but with phones, it gets tricky.

You gotta think about the much higher potential for user-inflicted damage on these things (lost, stolen, dropped, etc.) versus the potential for it breaking on its own. I do wonder how many iPhones work perfectly for the first year and then start having issues. You don't hear as many stories.

With that said, I did buy AppleCare, just because if my phone does break, it's a lot more than $69 to replace the phone (due to the contracts) and I want to wait until the next iPhone comes out when I upgrade my iPhone 3G and not have my hand forced because my phone died.

I always recommend that if people are going to buy it, they wait until right around the end of the first year, just to make sure they actually still have the phone and haven't had it lost/stolen or break on them just yet.

Just my $.02 worth of ramblings...

7. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

8. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I don't know? You tell me?

Was it worth it getting your old phone replaced for free?

:D

9. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

is there ANY benefit to buying apple care before you need to at your one year anniversary?

10. tsvb macrumors 6502

buy applecare off ebay I think I paid $35 for mine.

11. topherg macrumors regular

good to hear! I always get excellent service at the genius bar. I just had my old iphone 3g replaced with a new one.... mine was pretty trashed.... scratched up, dinged up, and had a big crack on the back right by the dock connector from when my brother dropped it.... My silence switch fell off so I took it in, I wasnt expecting them to replace it I was just hoping they could reattach the button. They swapped it with a new one on questions asked.

12. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick