Greenpois0n not jailbreaking for anyone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PaHtSaN, Oct 20, 2010.

1. PaHtSaN macrumors regular

I don't really need any help with this, but I'm just curious, is greenpois0n not jailbreaking for anyone else? Limera1n jailbreaks for me from the first try, i've tried greenpois0n several times, followed the instructions to the T, and it keeps saying jailbreak failed. Maybe downloaded a bad version??? Anyway, I don't have a problem just keeping it on limera1n, but it I wanted to try greenpois0n just for the hell of it.

2. bcburrows macrumors 6502

bcburrows

I read somewhere that green poison actually just steals your passwords etc and ships them back to the creator - there was some warning about this somewhere recently

3. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

I think youre thinking of greenpois0n.info, thats a fake site not made by cdt. The greenpois0n.com jailbreak is legit and works for most people, its just not jailbreaking for me for some reason.

4. ZipZap macrumors 601

Why would you post a vague notion like this without checking your facts.

This is one of the reasons why there is so much misinformation circulating.

5. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Agreed. If you don't know, sit on your hands...

6. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Of course greenposi0n is working fine. If it weren't there would mass postings about it. Then the team would fix the problem and post a corrected version. I have been involved with at least 10 jailbreaks using greenpois0n without any issues....

S-

7. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

Well yeah, I figured, but it seems like too much of a coincidence that everytime I try to jailbreak w limera1n it works, and everytime I try greenpois0n it doesn't. The only logical solution is to delete what I have and download gp again. Ill try it later.

8. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

I had no luck with greenpois0n, it would install, than install cydia, but it would glitch, cydia wouldnt open and greenpois0n couldnt install it since it already "installed" cydia....so I ended up having to jailbreak with limera1n

9. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

Gotta say, I couldn't be happier w limera1n, all we need is an unlock

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

odd Greenp0sion worked perfect for me! :mad: I trust a couple level headed teams working on a tool. rather then a college student with a bigger then life ego. ;)

11. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Are you using OSX? If you are make sure you have administrator privileges, if it doesnt work, try windows. I tried on OSX, didnt work, tried a guest account on windows, didnt work, logged onto as admin, it worked :p

12. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

I was using Windows Vista as an admin. The program was running don't get me wrong, its just that I tried several times to do the jailbreak and it kept saying jailbreak failed try again.

13. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

When you were using OSX, what was the problem? The program wasn't starting or it just wasn't jailbreaking like w me?

14. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

To be honest, I thought the same thing when it came out instead of Shatter, but I jailbroke with it hours after it came out, and it was perfect, I really can't say anything bad about limera1n after having it for 10 days. Also I jailbroke like 3-4 devices so far since its come out, all bug free.

15. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Did you right click and select "Run as Administrator"?

I did....

S-

16. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Kept getting Jailbreak failed :(. I know i had the timing right just something wrong with mac side. I heard people waiting eventually got it to jailbreak

17. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Try RC3 instead of 4(added ipod 2g) RC4 didnt work for me.
    Make sure you have latest itunes

18. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, thats the exact problem I had.

19. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

No, I didn't try that. I was just logged on as admin.

20. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

I've been trying the Mac version of Greenpois0n for days now... simply cannot get it to work. I can get the phone into DFU mode, then it says the jailbreak is complete (though zero code was shown on the phone). No clue what's going on.

I may have to go with Limera1n, even though I didn't want to.

Note: I have not tried running it logged in as an administrator, as I'm on a work computer. I'll give that a try before I switch to Limera1n.

21. enfield macrumors newbie

Greenpois0n didn't work for me on my iPhone 4 either. I tried limera1n and the phone was jailbroken but would freeze randomly. I am back to iOS 4.1 now and will try pawnage - The Dev Team's work is the best - just my $0.02.

22. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

I agree, but using Pwnage would require me to restore my iPhone again. I already did that about a week ago so I could use Greenpois0n to jailbreak. I'd rather not have to take the time to restore and resync (the longest part of the process) again.

23. shadowjeff macrumors regular

Well it worked perfectly on my first try... But I think quite a Lot of people are having trouble with gp. You should just use limerain, no difference, just less support.

24. Marlon177 macrumors member

GreenPois0n only works on 4.1, if you have 4.0.2 or 4.0.1, its not gonna work, but Limra1n works on 4.0.2 and 4.1, im running 4.0.2 with Limera1n

25. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

GP didn't work for me either. Neither did LR. I eventually restored again via TinyUmbrella with a brand new 4.1 firmware DL. I deleted GP, and re-downloaded. JB worked perfectly from there. If all else fails, delete everything and do it again :)