Griffin Iclear on the way

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ferris23, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Anyone else have this case? Looks cool, was only 15 bucks at APS Pro store.

Thought I was done with cases when I got the Marware Flexi_shell but I really like the looks of this Griffin.

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I have one for my iPhone 3G in white. It looks pretty neat. The best part about this case that really amazed me is that is really snug, well fit on your iPhone no movements or anything. Not to mention it's clear. Now my Neo is at rest and I think I'll be using this iClear more often. Got it for $15 also from Griffin's website using a promo code.

3. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

4. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Cool, I'm actually using the Neo now. Mine really doesn't wiggle much at all, but it is very bulky. Is it less bulky than the Neo?

5. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

I just picked the Griffin Iclear up today at Target for $20. I had a Griffin case on my Touch and really liked it and so far I'm happy with the Iclear, it is snug but there is a little "flex" on one of the corners. Not sure what is causing it yet, it doesn't affect the case or the fit, so I'll probably just live with it.

Eric

6. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

they have the griffin iclear at Target? wow ive looking for a place to try this case without buying it online.

7. slapppy macrumors 65816

I don't know about these top and bottom snap on cases. Give it a month and I bet the chrome bezel will be scratched as hell.

8. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

@Juiceman
    I don't have a digicam but I can try to post pics with a webcam. They don't produce high quality pics, will that work?

@Ferris
    The iClear feels kinda small than the neo, probably because there's no silicone or curves like the neo can offer. The shell looks thick enough to protect from a drop.

@Eric
    What flex would that be?

@slappy
    Why'd you say that? Did you had some different snap case that scratched your phone?

9. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

hey thanks for the response but i am looking to see the black iPhone with the iClear on. but i appreciate it!

10. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

I don't know if "flex" is the right term, but when I push on the front on the upper left and then the lower right I can feel the case "rock or flex" a little. It seems to me it is there because it is close to the cutouts for the silent switch on the top and the dock connector on the bottom. I have a feeling it is just flexing a little because it doesn't connect the back of the case at those locations. I hope that explanation is not too poor to understand.

11. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

Might be, I guess I'll wait a month and then post about it. However, I have a Griffin snap on case on my first generation Ipod Touch and I checked it out thoroughly last week and there is not a scratch on it anywhere. Not one on the metal back, none on the edges or face where the case meets the Touch, nothing. With this in mind I decided to go ahead and buy another Griffin product.

Eric

12. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Ohh another black iPhone user. Funny cause I want to see this case against a black phone too (the reviewers on youtube both have white) I wonder who has a black one :rolleyes:

Okay. I got what you're saying. I don't have that kind of "flex/rock" that your case has. You could probably try swapping it with a newer non-flex/rock one.

13. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

My phone is black, I'll post pics when I get it.

14. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

finally! lol thanks when do you expect it to be delivered?

15. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Honestly I have no idea. I hope by the end of the week though. I'll update if I get any notification.

16. slapppy macrumors 65816

Anyone with scratched up BEZELS with these hard polycarbonate top and bottom snap on cases?

17. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

I got my case today and love it. The fit is perfect and it is less bulky that both my Neo and Rebel. I'd compare it to a slider in terms of bulk.

I have no scratches on my bezel from any of the above cases including the slider. The phone does not budge in this case so IMO it won't scratch, but that is just my opinion, I'll keep this thread updated I guess.

I got this sucker FAST from Apple Pro Store for 17.00 which you can't beat as it includes a screen shield and micro fiber. So far I have to say I like this case the most out of all my cases because it shows the Apple Logo without having a big submarine hole on the back of the case. The case also feels great in the hand.

Here are some, not so great, pics. It looks frosted black in person, very nice looking from all angles actually. You can also see the chrome bezel from the sides, but I didn't take pics of that because....well because I didn't think to.

;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

thanks for keeping this thread updated like you said you would. the case looks great! i love the back. the front is ok IMHO but still looks good. i ordered the sgp carbon fiber so i will try that out. but i really want to try this one too. thanks again. oh and is your iPhone apple logo not scratched? because thats what it looks like...wow :eek:

19. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

yeah they could have been more creative with the front. The Apple logo is scratch free (so far), I had a BSE on the back.

20. slapppy macrumors 65816

Does this case look and work like the infamouse Belkin Clear Acrylic case? Remember that for the first generation and how it scratched the heck out of the bezel? The top portion had some give and caused the scratches.

Does this one have any give or is it supertight and show no movement? I really like this case. I hope it's not like the Belkin.

21. Floris macrumors 68000

Floris

I will just learn to not drop it .. because making a shiny cool looking design more clunky .. I could just buy a blackburryit then.

22. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I don't have that Belkin Clear Acrylic case before so I can't comment anything on that one.

With regards to scratches, there are no scratches on my bezel. I got the case since mid October so it's like 2 weeks on my iPhone white. There's no movement at all, as in none, the good part is when it locks it doesn't really scratch anything (back, chrome side, or front) which is what I need.

The only thing that I have to do with this case (which is really unavoidable) is that I have to do a wipe-off to clean the inside. Because of the two holes (top and bottom) of the case, there will be dust that tries to sneak in from top or bottom, so as a regular habit, I always clean it. So far had no scratches when I take off this case, and put it back on. I don't have any skins on my iPhone if I may add but it really fits.

23. AGIPSY macrumors regular

looks really nice. i can't decide if i should get this one or not. I already have an Incase Slider, and i'm thinking the slider looks like it's a little sturdier. what do you think?

24. PSiBeR macrumors newbie

I was also wondering how a black iPhone would look paired with this case and I gotta say it looks pretty good! :) I'm currently using the Agent 18 Clearshield case and its pretty similar to this one, its clear and same snap on. I would like to give the Iclear a try however I don't like that exposed top. Its exposed way too much imo. It's good for users who swap SIM cards often.

I wish the Iclear top wasn't as exposed as the Agent 18 Clearshield. That would be perfect.

25. AGIPSY macrumors regular

I've had a case that had an open-ish top and bottom like that and it wasn't a big deal at all. my phone never got scratched there.