Griffin Reveal users.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 55test55, Jun 29, 2009.

?

Do you have any movement in your case?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. 55test55 macrumors 6502

Do you guys have any movement in your case? It's very slight, but still kinda annoying. Anyone else?

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

this case is crap

all griffin cases are crap

let me know how many minutes it takes until you see tons of ugly scratches on the clear back

3. krick macrumors regular

4. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

too late :(

there are no other good clear alternatives though.

5. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

haha funny

your right, there are no good clear cases

IMO, clear cases cheapen the look of the phone

6. Atenza6 macrumors member

I love this case

Mine has a little movement only when I hit the sleep awake button. It's not obvious at all. I like clear cases because I don't want to hide the beautiful design of the iPhone. The scratches don't really show unless I put the case up to the light. My only complaint is that the bottom of the case is open so your chrome is not protected.

7. slapppy macrumors 65816

My first one it did. Also had a gap at the top. The rubber frame on top didn't even touch the iPhone at all. So I returned it and ordered another one, which is backordered through Griffin. So I hope this new one has a better fit. Also if you have a white iPhone, adding a Gelaskin on it frames the clear portion of the case perfectly. Looks pretty cool with it.

8. miloquacious macrumors member

no movement and very happy with mine. in fact I had to take it off for a bit right away and was surprised how snug it was - esp. coming from my last case.

agreed about small scratches on the clear case but that's why I got this. to scratch that up not the iphone. and my ocd nature made that annoying at first but that feeling goes away after awhile ;)

cheers

9. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I had movement in my case and got rid or it for that reason. I had a thread on this a while back. I also hated how bad fingerprints showed up on the back of the Griffin case against my black iphone. I might as well not have had a case on at all with that thing. Got the iSkin Solo instead and love it. Thin and sleek. Very nice IMO. :D

10. miloquacious macrumors member

UPDATE: This morning I popped off the case to access the sim card and found 4 little dings on the back of the iphone. Thing is, the case looks and feels very snug and secure on the phone, however, I believe something squeezed in near the bottom and scratched it up.

Fortunately, they're all really small but still sucks especially since it's not really doing its job of protecting the back at all.

11. slapppy macrumors 65816

Stick a gelaskin on the back fro added protection. Specially if you have a white iPhone.

12. Corbet macrumors member

What case do you use?

13. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

Anyone have this phone with a white iPhone? How is it?

I ordered this from Griffin with the 20% discount and free shipping and it's backordered until mid July. Is it worth it for 19.99? I don't think i'll mind the scratches on the case.

14. sal macrumors 6502

not good. I was really looking forward to owning this case. Might be a good thing this is backordered because it gives me time to cancel my order.

15. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

Definitely reconsider.

I hate this case. No movement in mine tho. I'm scared to check for dings like the previous user said, haha.

16. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

ok. I wasn't too impressed by the bottom piece. but everything else looked good, that's why I ordered it.

I just canceled it though lol. This weekend I will look for a new one.

17. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

I have no movement, but there are scratches on the back. But this is what cases are for, I beat the case and not the phone. I predict that in 2 months time, I'll be going naked. Nothing can ever compare to a naked iPhone feel. Not even those invisible skins.

The case was just me savoring the honeymoon. Accept the fact that you will USE your device. What's the point of keeping it pristine forever, so the second hand user will have it pristine while you suffer the bulky cases? Or so the phone can collect dust in mint condition in your drawer later? Use and abuse your devices, people.

18. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

this is truly what it all boils down to... i think about this...

19. teneighteen macrumors newbie

Hey Ryan, just wondering if you had any issues with debris getting inside the case and scratching the back of the iPhone itself?

20. miloquacious macrumors member

you make a good point!

as a 2nd update, after using the case for over a month I've found debris can easily find it's way between the clear case backing - and there are few more dings. issue for me is the hole to toggle silent/vibrate.

21. Surely Guest

Surely

Yeah, it was really difficult to toggle that switch while it was in the Reveal.

I returned mine to the Apple Store after 4-5 days. Not a good case. Dust and stuff gets in way too easily. The potential for unnecessary damage is too high. Also, the watermarks are annoying.

However, I had no movement.

22. sal macrumors 6502

they still haven't shipped the case! maybe I should cancel my order.

23. teneighteen macrumors newbie

It's too bad the back of the case scratches so easily. IMO, it's one of the best looking cases for the iPhone, so I'm trying to find a way to make it work. Maybe I'll follow the suggestion mentioned elsewhere, where they applied a BSE to the back of the case?

Still doesn't help with the problem of debris potentially getting inside the case and scratching the back of the iPhone though. Sigh...

24. Surely Guest

Surely

I agree, it is one of the best looking cases available. It's such a shame that there is such a big downside.

Frustrating, eh? Why can't a company just figure this out already? Griffin is close, but the easy scratching to the clear plastic and the potential for iPhone damage is too great.

Sigh, indeed. :D

25. miloquacious macrumors member

now that I'm writing this out, sounds like a "duh" but wanted to give ya'll early warning just in case. taking your iphone in reveal case to the beach will lead to even more scratches... used my iphone a few times to snap pictures and sand easily creeps in. more dings now than I can count. keep wondering why I continue to use it but expect that the second it's out I'll drop the thing on a corner.