Griffin vs Otterbox

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macvy Ricky, Feb 22, 2011.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I guarantee if you take your iPhone4 to the beach with a Griffin case on, sand would still find it's inside.

The Griffin case does look more protective than the Otterbox, but it's a bit too much for me. I use the Otterbox myself when working.

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

3. Tony Stark macrumors newbie

I just got an Otterbox and I love it. I looked at the Griffin, but the effort to expose the camera lens alone was a dealbreaker for me...not to mention that you have to bend it back and hold it just to keep it exposed.

The Otterbox is more user-friendly and as far as protection goes, you're probably splitting hairs...

4. tucker3434 macrumors regular

They seem to be pretty similar. I would guess that, as far as protection goes, they're about equal. The otter box is probably a little easier to deal with on a day-to-day basis. I like mine a lot.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Damn. I hate both, but it has to go to the Otterbox.
    The Griffin is fugly. The reveal case is pretty nice though.

6. Roadking macrumors 6502

Otterbox. Customer service is outstanding to boot.

7. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

I tried the Griffin on mine for 1 day and it was annoying. It's way too big and the screen is to deep. It was kind if difficult to hit the letters near the edge of the screen when typing.

8. himesh macrumors regular

They both do the same sorta thing so I would say go for the one you think looks the best, I'm swayed more towards the otterbox.