griffin wave for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by THE JUICEMAN, Jul 15, 2008.

1. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

does anybody have this case that can post pictures and tell me how it is for the 3G? I'm thinking about getting the black one and I wanted to know what people think about it. thanks

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have the black one for the 1G iPhone and I like it. Doesn't add much bulk, makes it less slippery, and doesn't make it too difficult to pull out of my pocket.

3. bumfudley macrumors newbie

I picked the white Griffin Wave for my white 3G. It's a fantastic case. It doesn't add too much bulk, feels great in my hand, and seems very protective. It's made of a hard polycarbonate, but has a slightly rubberized feel to it. Here's some pictures, let me know if you have any questions.

Attached Files:

4. THE JUICEMAN thread starter macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

thanks alot for the reply it is very helpful. I think I may pick one up. do u use the screen protector that came with it?

5. bumfudley macrumors newbie

I don't use the screen protector that came with it, I use the Power Support Anti-Glare one. I can't attest to the quality of the one that comes with the wave. I'm loving the case and am considering getting the blue one to mix and match.

6. tommib macrumors newbie

I bought a white one the other day, it had rough edges so swapped it for a black one which seemed fine, must have been a one off.

However, I think this case receives unjustly high reviews for the following reasons:

* It was a right pain to put on (and I followed the instructions)
    * The screen protector doesn't maintain contact with the screen all the time so oily looking air bubbles appear and move around
    * Also I was really worried I'd scuff my iPhone putting this on and removing it as the fit is , fortunately I didn't so I guess I'm just paranoid but I did hear some nasty clicks which I hope was just the Wave case.

If you do buy this case, buy a separate screen protector that sticks to the iPhone front.

One thing I did notice after removing the case, my iPhone's black back and metal edge are not completely flush, it's like the black sticks out a bit. Could this have happened when I put the case on, or is it just manufacturing in China?

Tom.

7. f1d macrumors member

My one never seems to fit right... does everyone elses have a smallish gap at the top of the iPhone where the front left and right meets the back?

8. shibbyshoo macrumors newbie

I just bought the wave case also, and I have small gaps in those places too.

I can also confirm that the "screen protector" that comes with it is horrible. It's literally a piece of clear flimsy plastic.

Other than that this case is great. I was planning on using it until my bestskinsever plastic came in the mail but I think I might keep this on along with the skin.

9. cmiller2687 macrumors newbie

There is a part of my phone where the black back extends maybe 1/4 of a MILLIMETER, maybe... It's just the manufacturing, been that way since I got it.

10. msharpmu macrumors regular

I want to buy one of these but not from the internet. Who is selling these at the store?

11. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

12. smtty macrumors newbie

Anit-Glare

Where did you get the anti-glare screen protector? I loved that product for the original iPhone, but have not yet seen it for the 3G and have been told that the original iPhone protectors won't fit. I can't stand the smudges that the 'crystal' ones get on them.

13. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

14. someonevague macrumors newbie

15. bumfudley macrumors newbie

The Apple Store I went to here in Las Vegas had the Power Support Anti-Glare for the 3G in stock. It is slightly different in size, as the the face of the 3G is a bit larger. Still the best screen protector I've ever used. Now, if only they made one for the PSP...

16. malencar macrumors newbie

It looks SICK! Now I wish I had gotten the white one :rolleyes:

This is what I got:

It's called the Griffin Nu Form and I LOVE it! Thin, dockable and stylish.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It's called the Griffin Nu Form and I LOVE it! Thin, dockable and stylish.

17. HaroldC macrumors regular

I have the Wave case and am very satisfied with it. I got it at the local :apple: store, and it had two cases a smoked translucent and green translucent in the package. I was able to actually use the green front with the smoked back, which looks pretty cool and unique. And the chrome :apple: on the back is still visible!

It'll probably come off when I install the BodyGaurdz next week. But I may end up keeping it for times when I could use the extra protection.

18. willsterstyle macrumors newbie

for those that have this case, do you know if the interior will scratch the rear plastic or the bezel of the iphone?

19. woodbutcher macrumors regular

woodbutcher

My Griffin Wave case 2 pack just arrived from the Apple store. Both the white and the blue cases come packaged together with 2 hard plastic screen protectors ( useless ) and 1- 2" square cleaning cloth. The front pieces are less translucent then the back. I would rate the fit at 8-10 and the quality of the case is about the same. Nice feel with a little more grip then the high gloss back of the iphone itself. The two pack lets you mix and match the halves. Worth the $34

20. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

I myself have a wave case, and its been good to me.
    I hope when I get my 3G I get another wave case, but for those who owned the before and after, did anything change or just the sculpture of the mold?

21. jwflutterby macrumors regular

I saw the clear/blue 2 pack at my local Apple store and wanted it really bad... I normally do silicon cases for the grippiness but these seemed to have a really good rubberized feel... My husband told me to made sure it fit before I bought it and I'm glad he did because I could not get it to close with my phone in it! I could put the front on or the back on but no matter what I tried I could not get the two halves together around my phone... I didn't see any instructions (it was the last one and I could tell I was not the first to open the box so they were probably long gone) so it is possible there was some magic combination I was missing but what good is a case that requires instructions... :rolleyes:

It also felt like it was going to scratch my phone putting it on and taking it off... I like to switch cases a lot so if it is something that might scratch with frequent use it is not worth it in my book...

But like I said I really liked the case so can anyone who owns it tell me I just need to find a 2 year old to put it on for me (cuz you know you can fight with something like that forever then a kid can walk up and figure it out right away :) ) and that they have put it on and taken it off a million times and their phone is fine??

22. WHM macrumors regular

Wave Case Is Awesome

After reading this thread last week, ordered one for wife and myself. Ordered on Wednesday and requested 2nd day delivery only a few more dollars! FANTASTIC... my wife has the white iphone and I have the black. I really like the way the case shows the colors and also not to bulky for my pant pockets.... GREAT CASE... HIGHLY RECOMMEND

23. julip macrumors member

There is a video on the Griffin site which shows how to put the case on here:
    http://www.griffintechnology.com/articles/629

I had originally gotten the white to go with my white phone as a temporary case until I decided on a more permanent one. To my surprise, I really love this case and plan to get at least one more color ... probably blue (unfortunately for me, apple.com added the 2-pack the day after I ordered my white one!). It has a great feel in the hand and doesn't add a lot of bulk.

Hope that helps!

24. twynne macrumors 6502a

Has anyone tried putting the Wave on over a shield-type product (IS, Ghost Armor, Bodyguardz etc.)? Does the case still close/fit properly?

I'm planning to put Ghost Armor on the back (only) of my phone, but would still like a more protective case for occasional use.

25. AGIPSY macrumors regular

do you guys think a white/blue combo pack would look good on a black iphone? Also, does anyone find this case to be too bulky or slippery?