Babe
I got you babe I got you babe

Happy Holiday everyone!

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Is it really?

So, will we get another 6 more weeks of rain or will the sun start to shine through. And no I don't count the mid-afternoon sun breaks as real sun.

Have a wonderful Groundhog's day everyone :D will probably be watching the movie later tonight.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
clayj said:
They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow
Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me, and baby I got you
Babe
I got you babe I got you babe
That was in my head the other day, and I was trying to think what film I heard it from, Groundhog day! I bought the song from iTunes:D

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Blue Velvet said:
What external hard drive should I get?
Oh geez, this is exactly what someone asked yesterday. Am I still in the Buying Discussion forum answering noobie questions, or did BV bring perpetual hell into our safe, comfy Community Discussion?

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
If there's six more weeks of winter up there (which there is anyway since the current season ends on the equinox on the 20-somethingth of March, not March 1st as the media would have you believe, but nonetheless) I'm going to be savagely annoyed.

Six more weeks of winter up there = six more weeks of summer down here and I for one am sick to death of it.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
OMG they're actually showing a live broadcast from Gobbler's Knob on Sky News in the UK right now :rolleyes:

6 more weeks of Winter apparently...

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
dietcokevanilla said:
OMG they're actually showing a live broadcast from Gobbler's Knob on Sky News in the UK right now :rolleyes:

6 more weeks of Winter apparently...
Bugger.

However "Gobbler's Knob" is a damn funny name.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
Texas has been a bit odd this year. So when I heard 6 more weeks of Winter my first thought was "When the he** did Winter start?" I'd love to have 6 weeks of Winter since we haven't had any Winter yet. I think I've worn a coat twice and never needed more than a light jacket.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address fall on the
same day.

As Air America Radio pointed out, "It is an ironic juxtaposition: One
involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little
intelligence for prognostication, and the other involves a groundhog."

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
Around here (Cleveland/Akron), it's 48º but with the sun out and no wind it feels like 55. I can't believe how nice it is for the beginning of February. I was walking around outside with just a sweatshirt* and felt perfectly comfortable.

* (All right -- I know you people. If this line manages to get by without at least one smartass wisecrack, it'll be a miracle. :D )

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Thomas Veil said:
Around here (Cleveland/Akron), it's 48º but with the sun out and no wind it feels like 55. I can't believe how nice it is for the beginning of February. I was walking around outside with just a sweatshirt* and felt perfectly comfortable.

* (All right -- I know you people. If this line manages to get by without at least one smartass wisecrack, it'll be a miracle. :D )
i hope you at least had a thong on under the sweatshirt.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Ok this always bugged me about the groundhog, Why is it that when he's sees his shadow its 6 more weeks. Wouldn't it make more sense that if the sun comes out it means warmer days are ahead and if he doesn't see his shadow that winter is still here?

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
jelloshotsrule said:
I would hope a little more than that actually!

:p

MacNut said:
Ok this always bugged me about the groundhog, Why is it that when he's sees his shadow its 6 more weeks. Wouldn't it make more sense that if the sun comes out it means warmer days are ahead and if he doesn't see his shadow that winter is still here?
I have always thought that exact same thing

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Originally Posted by Thomas Veil

* (All right -- I know you people. If this line manages to get by without at least one smartass wisecrack, it'll be a miracle. )
jelloshotsrule said:
Nice to see that your unbelief system remains in tact. :)

Macnut said:
Proof enough that you haven't a clue in to the meteorological world of superstitions. :p