GT5 Sells 1 million. Not out yet

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by illegalprelude, Mar 17, 2008.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

[​IMG]
    wow. Not too bad at all. The game isnt even out yet and its hit 1 million. I cannot wait to get my hands on this game as im a huge car nut and have played ever single GT game. I even lasted 16 hours in the Le Mans race of GT4 :D
    Anybody else super excited for this?

[Full Article]

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Between GT5, Haze, GTA IV, MGS4, and Resistance 2 (not to mention a bunch of other games), I am going to be pumping a lot of money into my PS3 this year :cool:

3. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

can't wait...the demo was great.
    i just need a ps3 now....
    too much time at friends houses.:rolleyes:

4. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

good god.

For a solid 4-5 minutes I thought that picture was a genuine real car. Wow.

Had me fooled. :eek: Awesome graphics.

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

wait, that's not a real car? :eek:

seriously though, i really can't wait for the real game. but "sometime in 2009"?

6. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

This game and Little Big Planet will be why I'm going to buy a PS3. Oh, the Blu-ray player will also be nice.

My friend just picked up a base PS3, so now I know 3 peeps with one.

<]=)

7. risc macrumors 68030

risc

This is 1 million pre-orders for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, which is amazing considering how many people think Prologue is a demo. I for 1 will stick to my Japanese copy, no need to get the English version here.

Given these crazy numbers it will be amazing to see how well the full version sells.

8. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

does the Japanese version not have English on it? Cause im going to Japan in a few days and thought about picking it up

9. risc macrumors 68030

risc

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Wow 1 million suckerz ;)

Yes I'm joking.. Though I won't be one of them as I just don't do racing games and especially ones of the simulation variety. I'll stick to Mario Kart :D

I may succumb to temptation when the full game is released, but only 6 tracks in prologue? and a couple of them are ovals, and one from the demo... sorry pass!!! and I really didn't think the graphics in the last demo were very good at all, in fact I'd say it looked just like the last ps2 game when it ran at 1080i.

Add to the probability of lots of micro-transactions in the final product and I just cant get excited... but like I say it's not my type of game anyway, so I'm not the target audience.

11. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

That demo wasn't GT5. That was an HD GT4. GT5 is gonna look way better! And have that sweet in-car view.

...Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Motorstorm 2, Mercenaries 2, and a bunch of great PSN titles.

12. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I'll probably be getting it. I didn't realize that car pic was a graphic until I read down a bit. Nice. I use gamefly, so I still only have one game for PS3 (COD4), so I'm kind of excited about all the upcoming games. Thanks for the heads up on presales, OP. Oh, btw, love mariocart too hehe.

13. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

He could have been playing the GT5 Prologue demo that was on the Japanese PSN store (btw, those jerks are getting MGS for PSone/PSP on the PSN! ARGH :()

14. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I still can't believe how many people are buying into the Prologue. Why not wait for the full version? Only series I'm absolutely 100% devoted to I would pay double money to buy the stripped-down-early-release and then full version later (I'd probably do it for Smash Bros :) But not Mario Kart or even Zelda).

While I know people that are very devoted to GT, 1 million of them? I suspect a large number of the preorderers don't realize that the prologue will feature only a small amount of content.

15. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

GT5 isn't gonna come out until next year no? People wanna get a taste. 60 cars, 6 tracks (12 if you count reversing) online play, car tuning... it's close to a full fledged racing game. I still think $40 is steep but for die hards...

you KNOW if they made Halo 4 Prologue with a handfull of maps and modes a million people would buy it. Or a Smash Bros Prologue or a Starcraft II Prologue....

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So you either have two or four testicles then :D (if you count reversing)

17. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Can someone clear up whether the OP picture is in game or of a real car. It looks like a real car to me... but I could be wrong. :eek:

18. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

Yea Starcraft, can't wait, can't wait.

no GT5 for me

19. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

its no doubt a fake car...
    google some of the screenshots for this game, i had a really hard time deciding if the cars were fake or real.

20. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

GT5 is the epitome of photo realism, that is a in game shot.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/gt5p/

The best console racing sim hands down, and I can say that with 100% certainty.

The great part is that it passes by the "pimp my ride" crap that Forza puts in for the 12 year olds.

21. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

22. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

mmm really?

Here is the irony..... So it's the ultimate in realism is it ? So why have they still not got any damage model to the cars in 2008/2009?

It looks absolutely ridiculous and defuses any kind of aesthetic realism when you see cars slam or collide into obstacles or each other, and yet not one bit of damage taken or done unto the vehicle.

I'm sorry but to me it just looks like a pretty bumper cars when it does that and to suddenly claim 'ultimate simulation' when that glaring omission is still there is a bit of an oxymoron.

The last time I checked 'real cars' don't do that.

I don't like Forza, but at least it had a damage model.

23. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

That is my biggest complaint about Gran Turismo. Give me a damage model - at least then when I'm crashing all over the place I have the comfort of some pyrotechnics.

24. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I don't know what type of cars you are driving but I sideswiped a brick wall at 30mph, the other day, and had nary a scratch. I also had a head-on collision with a semi a few years ago and my car looked untouched. :rolleyes: ;) j/k

25. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

Lol...that's funny right there.