GTA San Andreas

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ginjaninja, Sep 10, 2008.

1. ginjaninja macrumors newbie

hi,i got GTA San andreas for mac(obviously lol) and i installed it and everything but when i go to load i get the logos and then the screen goes black with no sound. . . . it should work cos i have a friend that has the same game and mac as me

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Thanks for that statement. Most people tend to ask questions though.

3. ginjaninja thread starter macrumors newbie

lol yeah. . . wat i meant 2 ask was does anyone no what the problem is??the screen just went black after two logos had been shown so i dont know whats wrong. . . any ideas?

4. Sweep'n Streets macrumors member

here's a revolution that might surprise you:

call tech support.

they actually do know a thing or two.

5. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

didn't even know this game was out... what are the sys requirements?

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It's out for Mac? If it's not, tech support may or may not volunteer to help. However for the post author, do a google search on "GTA San Andreas screen goes dark" and some links will appear. Will they help? Don know... :)

7. t19880821 macrumors regular

By same mac you mean.. exactly the same? As in same OSX version, drivers, and hardware?

I mean I could have the peneryn 2.4ghz MBP, 256 8600m gt, 2gb ram.. and my buddy could have a MBP also except he has a Radeon x1600 and 1gb ram.. it would be fairly obvious why my games would perform better than his and some games won't work on his. OR i have leopard and he has tiger -- that would make a HUGE difference because some games won't play on tiger, more specifically newer ones.

8. Sweep'n Streets macrumors member

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Lulz, caught.

10. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I doubt it'll ever come out for OSX either, since its now going on 4 years old, pretty much anyone that wanted to play it has played it by now on PC, PS2, or Xbox/Xbox360.

The market would be so small it wouldn't be worth the money to bring it out.

11. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I guess "for Mac" means Ciderized version. If so, they are known to be incredibly buggy. I'm not surprised it doesn't work on your system.