[GUIDE] Install Windows 7 in MacBook Pro Early 2015 with almost fully support(include track pad)!!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tl166115, Sep 7, 2016.

1. tl166115 thread starter macrumors member

Hi Marco

I just think about a possibility which is technically viable. If we can create two EFI partitions and let each of them being in charge of Win 7 and Win 10 separately, then you don't need to remove Win 10. But I don't exactly know how to do that.

2. marco271093 macrumors newbie

Hi Tom,

Wait actually I only want to install Windows 7, I can remove Windows 10, then I have a clone for safety.
    But I have the same problem as AmethystZhou:

(I followed your guide and created the installer USB drive, but when I try to boot from the USB drive, it hangs on this screen: https://i.imgur.com/3kLSG7j.jpg I let the computer run for a few minutes, nothing changes and the fans starts to run at very high speed so I shut it down.)

It is a strange situation, I do not know what I can do :(

Thanks,
    Marco
    --- Post Merged, Oct 5, 2016 ---
    Hi Tom,

I am trying to install Windows 7 for several months, then I left to go to Windows 10, but now I would like to try it again.

These are some screen sent to DavidCie a couple of months ago:
    Safe Boot windows 7: http://s28.postimg.org/niokqujwd/Boot_Manager.jpg
    Yes, F8 works

Vga Shim: http://postimg.org/image/8jdrus89t/

3. tl166115 thread starter macrumors member

Hi Marco

Since F8 works, try the "disable driver signature enforcement". And if that fails, try the link of my ISO with removed install.wim (copy yours into it because it's too large to upload).

Your sincerely
    Tom

4. marco271093 macrumors newbie

Hi Tom,

Yes also "disable driver signature enforcement" fails.

Ok I try and let you know.

Thanks,
    Marco

5. tl166115, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016

tl166115 thread starter macrumors member

6. Befetti macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Dec 26, 2016 ---
    Thanks for the tremendous effort that has been put into this.

I have had success with all of the install on my MacBook Pro Early 2015.

However, if I do not press F8 on EVERY reboot, then the trackpad and keyboard drivers do not work i.e. I assume that they do not load. I can plug a USB mouse and keyboard in and that then works. It is windows 7 Pro.
    I do think that I have followed your instructions carefully for disabling the signed checking of drivers.

Any ideas on this, please.
    Thanks.

7. tl166115 thread starter macrumors member

Hi Befetti

Yes, you are absolutely right. It's the not-properly-signed trackpad and keyboard driver that are guilty to those. And there is absolutely no problem with Windows 7 Pro! I believe that you have tried to disable the driver signature enforcement, but I am sure that there was something that didn't went quite right. Let's check it out. Is there a "Test mode" watermark on right-down side of the desktop? Also, for convenience, I copied the action I took here. I also realized that I made some typos, in the command, my apologies.

These are the thing I did.
    1. Open an admin-cmd, then run (run them or order please)
    bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON (testing mode is the prerequisite for all of them)
    Bcdedit.exe -set nointegritychecks ON
    bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS.
    Bcdedit.exe -set nointegritychecks ON (I am not sure the order for this so I would recommend run this again to be safe)

Open group policy editor
    Navigate to "User Config/Administrative Templates/System/Driver Installation. Find "Code Signing for devices drivers." Double click it and choose enable. Then set the option of "When Windows detects a driver that is not digitally signed" to "Ignore"
    Restart.

8. Befetti macrumors newbie

Thanks for the speedy response!

Yes, I do have the Test Mode watermark on bottom right screen. Build 7601 as a matter of interest. Checked again that it is Windows 7 Professional.
    Followed your instructions above, but same thing where I must press F8 to get those 2 drivers to work.
    It is a new install so wondering if there are Windows updates that may be needed? Really strange as there are many posts on the internet on doing this.
    I will get back to you once I have all windows updates installed.

9. tl166115 thread starter macrumors member

HI Befetti!

I am sorry that the solution doesn't work; but I am sure that it has nothing to do with the Windows Update unless you didn't install the hotfix we installed far away before when we were making the installation disk. If that is the case or you doubt that is not correctly installed, then I would recommend yo to re-install it. After that, make sure that you used the two parameters during the driver installation. Last but not the least, google some thing like "Permanently disable Driver Signature Enforcement", and then implement all of the strategies they have. Here is a conglomeration of two of new solutions, try them first!

1. Run those two commands in order under C:/, like run directly under C:/ not under some directory

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

2. Install Easy BCD, ignore all of the warnings and find "Advanced Setting", Find the "Advance" page and check the box for "Allow use of unsigned driver for 64-bit Windows". Save the changes.

10. Qwe9203 macrumors member

Is this possible to do on MacBook Pro 2015 15" the one that apple still sells or new 2016 13" or 15" models?

11. tl166115 thread starter macrumors member

Technically, unless Apple did some secret limitations on the machines , its viable. But different drivers have to be used during the driver installation process in windows

12. Befetti macrumors newbie

@tl166115, I have two problems that I hope you can help with:

1. The SDCard Reader does not work in my install. I have installed the driver V1.0.0.1 which is in most of the releases of Bootcamp, using DPInst. It tells me that the install is successful. However, I cannot see an entry in Device Manager and no SD Card is recognized. The SD reader works in OSX Sierra.

2. Have you noticed whether the wireless driver that you found works for 5GHz wifi? 2.4GHz works fine for me, but not 5GHz. The wifi hardware is fine as it works in OSX.

Thanks.

13. tl166115 thread starter macrumors member

Hi Befetii

For the first problem, I recommend you to use the Driver file that is directly downloaded thru the Bootcamp App in the MacOS, and use DpInst and the two parameters to install. Don't ever believe that the driver is "successfully installed" if there is no that tow parameters; you have to override system's auto driver detection, as well as the signature detecting system. Talking about the signature enforcement, did you succeed with the Easy BCD? That's the best resolution I can find so far

For the second problem, I don't think that there is a problem with the 5G wifi in my computer, however, I seldom use 5G wifi but I remembered that I connected to one without problem. What I would do is re-install the driver and try on. Were you able to detect 5G Wifis or you just cannot connect?

Hope those help!

Your sincerely
    Tom

14. GeniusUmi macrumors newbie

Hi tl166115,
    I 've try your guide but stuck at Booting Windows installation , after the progress , the computer freeze at "Windows is loading files..." . I used macbook 15' M370x version. Is that this GPU make situation worse? Could you give me some advice? Many thanks.
    BTW , I am sure I've do all thing above.

15. tl166115 thread starter macrumors member

Hi Umi

Yes, GPU is the part that messed up. I wouldn't even do a GPU driver embedding since there has been case that was experiencing a lot of failures; try not to use GPU driver. And based on your description, you didn't configure the EFI correctly. There should not be "Windows is loading files" screen at all. Unfortunately, I am not sure which part wasn't quite right because I have never seen that before. Did you format your USB disk with GUID mode and apply all of the EFI files we generated? Those vital steps must be exactly copied with no omit or alteration to make a successful installation.

16. GeniusUmi macrumors newbie

Yes , I am very sure that I omit nothing and create an EFI boot successfully because I could enter avidcie's DEBUG mode and then it find bootmgfw.efi. IMG_6890.JPG

17. tl166115 thread starter macrumors member

I think the probelm is that you didnt replace the bootmgtw.efi in the EFI folder

sincerely
    tom

18. GeniusUmi macrumors newbie

Do you mean "efi\microsoft\boot\bootmgfw.efi"?

19. tl166115 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, and the bmp file coming with it?

20. GeniusUmi macrumors newbie

No , there is just bootx64.bmp with bootx64.efi in efi\boot , no more .bmp file in efi\microsoft\boot\

21. tl166115 thread starter macrumors member

Hi Umi

I am sorry that there wasn't any email came thru so I didn't reply you forever. I an so sorry! What I would do is to use this image(I have deleted the install.wim because it is gigantic) I created https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxq--onVE9j5UlMyQmNvamkwb0k/view?usp=sharing and simply copy and paste anything that is suspected to be wrong. Since you are using a extra GPU, the boot.wim might not work very well, but try to use Rt7Lite to incorporate it into the boot.wim!

22. Baptiste76, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017

Baptiste76 macrumors newbie

Hello !
    Thank you for your work you're sharing with us.
    I've found one problem : when I try to install “bootcamp.msi” I can't and have a message like "A problem occured on this Windows package. Needed a DLL to finish the installation. Any idea ?

Another question, do you think it's possible to get Thunderbolt > Ethernet work ?

Thanks

23. tl166115 thread starter macrumors member

Hi Baptiste!

I think I do know how to solve this. What you might want to is to
    1. Try this Apple official solution (I doubt the viability of official websites solutions thou but who knows?) https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6322
    2. Re-Download the installation files by your MacOS. Install all of the Visual C++ running library please, I suppose that might help.

24. BTTF_DeLorean macrumors newbie

BTTF_DeLorean

Could someone just upload all of their files into one zip? I did this before but It did not work for me because I messed up the files somewhere so could some just upload them(being ready to be placed on a usb)?

25. vista980622 macrumors 6502

Thanks a million for sharing. Any chance for this guide to work on a Late 2016 MacBook Pro (15 inch) with some modifications?