[GUIDE] Install Windows 7 in MacBook Pro Early 2015 with almost fully support(include track pad)!!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tl166115, Sep 7, 2016.

1. HC2105 macrumors newbie

HC2105

post starter would you mind to make a video tutorial?cause text tutorial is hard to know,pls make a vid and step by step,installing w7 on mpb2015 is my dream hope to see the vid <3

2. tl166115 thread starter macrumors member

I haven't make such a log tutorial in vid before but I'll try my best

3. BTTF_DeLorean macrumors newbie

BTTF_DeLorean

I finally got the installation screen, and I did the command prompt, but when I tried to install, it says "Setup cannot continue due to a corrupted installation file. Contact the vendor of your windows installation disk or your system administrator for assistance." View attachment 701207

4. BTTF_DeLorean macrumors newbie

BTTF_DeLorean

I finally got it to work, except for when I try install the bootcamp drivers, it says it's not intended for this computer model, even though I used bootcamp in OS X to download the drivers.

5. HC2105 macrumors newbie

HC2105

Hey itz me again it seems making photo tutorial is easier to you(take photo onevery step)becuz we are newbies and we might not know about what you talking aboout :eek:

6. Marctraider macrumors newbie

Has anyone simply tried Installing Windows 7 through VMWare Fusion on a separate partition?
    I can remember the easiest way to achieve this is to simply use VMWare's "Raw Disk Access" to prepare an installation for Windows 7 so you don't have the initial 'hassle' of black screens, no SSD support etc.

And once installed, just get all the proper hardware drivers installed, and then boot natively into the installed Win 7 partition? I used to do this on an older mac, but assuming most basic drivers work it could be done. Or am I missing a part?

I'm tempted to try this on my MBP 2016 Late as I might want to play some games natively, and I can really not stand Windows since version 8/10.

7. Celeri macrumors newbie

Hi there !

I just created an account to participate to this thread that saved my day : at least I can have a fully functionnal Win7 Pro on my MBP 13" 2015 ! So a HUGE thanks to davidcie and tl166115 for their great work !! :)

In order to help people that could have some problems with this tutorial, here are a few remarks from me :

- I used the current version of BootCamp drivers from Apple (use the "Download software" menu in the BootCamp Assistant) and installation of "BootCamp.msi" failed, because of a missing DLL. I ended up understanding that it was because this installer is for Win8 & Win10 only. So remember that if you want to use the most recent version of BootCamp drivers, you should however use an old version of the "Apple" subfolder in the "Drivers" folder. I used the 5.1.5769 version and it worked perfectly.

- I had trouble with the trackpad : despite following the process of disabling the driver signature enforcement, the "Apple Multi-Touch" driver would fail to load after a normal reboot (without holding F8), making the trackpad completely disabled until installing the driver again (you really should have a USB mouse during the whole operation). I had to do the whole trackpad driver install process 3 times before it remained stable, I don't know why... So if you have the same problem, just try it again from the beggining of the "hardest part" of the tutorial, it should work eventually.

- You should be REALLY careful at the moment of creating/resizing of partitions at the beginning of the whole process, because there is NO WAY (as far as I know) to make the Windows partition bigger afterwards. Since a small master boot partition is created by the Windows Installer "between" the Mac partition and the Windows partition, Disk Utility refuses to allow more space to the latter, even if you reduce the size of the Mac partition. I strongly advise you to allow AT LEAST 40 GB to your Windows partition, preferably 50 GB to be comfortable, especially if you want to install Office 2016 and all the system updates.

- Talking about disk space, you can save precious GB by two ways. First, since the "hybrid sleep" functionnality does not work, you can prevent the system of creating the "C:\hiberfil.sys" file that is roughly equal to your Mac's RAM ; for that, use the "powercfg -h off" command in admin mode. Second, if you think that you won't use apps that are heavy RAM-eaters, you can reduce the size of the "C:\pagefile.sys" file to 1 or 2 GB, because by default it will be as big as your physical RAM ; to do that, you can use "System protection" in the System Properties. In my case (8 GB of physical RAM), I saved more than 12 GB by these 2 simple steps !

I hope this will help some of you...

8. tl166115 thread starter macrumors member

Good evening my friend

I recently sent my MacBook for repair because the screen was malfunctioning. Afterwards my hard disk was obliterated so I had to follow all of the process again. When I proceed to the driver part I also faced the same trouble. None of my solution worked at all until I found this tool: Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (DESO).

USing this tool, you can SIGN the driver to match the Microsoft standards. Here are the three files that you need to sign:

C:/Windows/system32/DRIVERS/KeyMagics.sys
    C:/Windows/system32/DRIVERS/WdfCoInstaller01011.dll
    C:/Windows/system32/DRIVERS/applemtp.sys

Then enable the test mode. This will work 100%, guranteed.

Sincerely
    Tom

--- Post Merged, Dec 7, 2017 ---
    Good evening my friend

Sorry for taking forever to reply. I recently have to follow all of the procedures again because my hard disk was obliterated. When I am re-doing all of the procedures that I posted years ago, I found errors, over-complex procedures and things that can be improved. I am currently trying to make a ISO file that has all of the required files on it so that the only thing you would need to do is to burn that to a USB disk and install. I know, my original procedure spends like 50% on preparation. Also I am going to fix some errors. I tried to make an YouTube but my camera malfunctioned, so I'll have to postpone it. But hopefully I'll simplify the entire procedure to a extend that almost everyone can follow. And yes, I will try to take pictures as well.

Sincerely
    Tom
    --- Post Merged, Dec 7, 2017 ---
    One year ago you had problems with the drivers on WIndows 7, one year later I finally found the answer to that:

Even if you have test mode enabled you still need to sign the driver, test mode only allows improperly signed driver to load, not drivers that did not got signed at all. Using this tool we can sign the driver easily:
    Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider (DESO). This tool is easy to use, just click "continue" twice and then choose "sign driver"

Here are the three files that you need to sign:

C:/Windows/system32/DRIVERS/KeyMagics.sys
    C:/Windows/system32/DRIVERS/WdfCoInstaller01011.dll
    C:/Windows/system32/DRIVERS/applemtp.sys

Then enable the test mode. I tried this recently because my hard disk was obliterated, my previous methods did not work at all but this one solve the problem.

9. Celeri macrumors newbie

Thanks, I have copied this in a note, and will surely try it in case my own Win7 partition would blow up !