defaults write com.apple.dock hide-mirror -bool yes killall Dock
Be advised, clean install is always recommended, you might encounter bugs with upgrades.
To upgrade from V0.1 to V0.2.2, simply follow the guide but skip step 4 and 5, straight to step 6
If you want to do combo update from 10.8.x to 10.8.3 follow the steps below:
1. Download the combo update but don't install.
2. Follow the guide above till step 2 (but select 10.8.3!! Very Important!).
3. Install the Combo Update, reboot into the "Install" partition important!!!
4. Go to Utilities, and select MLPostFactor. Once complete,
5. Reboot into 10.8.3 Mountain Lion
Read the BOLD one twice!
1. USB is optional. (Not required)
2. 4.XXGB Mountain Lion.app is REQUIRED to be in the Applications Folder.
3. PIRATED COPIES NOT SUPPORTED. Which means ISO, DMG, ZIP, etc!
3. Stuck at white screen? Boot into "Install" and repair permissions for ML.
4. Clean install is recommended is ALWAYS recommended! If you experience any issues using upgrades, do consider a clean install.
I will not reply to any PMs/tweet for those questions above. Im getting too much (way too much! and non stop email notification sent to my phone ) questions like the ones above!
What driver are the graphics using? A heretofor unknown 64bit Intel 950 driver? (put "kextstat" into the term)
I suspect the 950 is just using some fall-back framebuffer driver with no hardware acceleration (hence terrible performance).
Unless you can get a 32bit kernel to boot (to use the 10.7.3 driver) it's probably hopeless (short of someone getting ahold of the driver source and compiling for 64bit). See if the "3" "2" trick works (should if ML is still shipping with a 32bit kernel included)
Can it boot into 32bit mode tho? (on any hardware?)
If so then that + the kexts from Lion might work.
Just to double-check it's telling the truth, if you open System Monitor and find kernel_task is the 'kind' Intel or Intel (64 bit)?
Try "uname -a" in the terminal if that will come up (and if Terminal.app isn't working try ssh'ing into the machine).
edit -- Nevermind you got it open.
Seems then that you do have ML in 32 bit kernel mode: the only problem is for whatever reason 32bit kext loading isn't working (perhaps it was intentionally black-listed?). Don't know where you can take it from here for now, but it's good to know ML can load a 32bit kernel.
ummm i love you dude!!!!!!!!
Thank god! i was getting worried i wont be able to use the features i actually wanna use !!!
In essence the Mountain_Lion.dmg could be minimally modded to 1. remove the installer hardware checks (trivial) and 2. to include the missing drivers from Lion, and you should be able to install on a an 'unsupported' system like any other.
If this same technique works for other 'unsupported' systems I'm sure just such a modded installer will find it's way to the nether-regions of the internet to allow all Lion-compatible systems to install ML.