Guided tour narrator creepy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by malreynolds, Jun 27, 2007.

1. malreynolds macrumors member

malreynolds

I love all the videos that Apple has put out; they are a great resource to really understanding what the product is and helping us make a good decision on our purchase.

But does anyone else find the robotic narrator guy creepy? Maybe I'm crazy, but his strange, quirky, stiff, body language and overly perfect delivery makes me feel uncomfortable when I watch the videos.

This didn't bother me much until my rewatching of the activation video. When he says, "The iPhone Reinvents The Mobile Phone" at the beginning, I just shuddered at the awkwardness of this line.

Anyone else? :)

2. EricMD21 macrumors newbie

True that. They should've used the mac/pc guy from the commercials. That would've been better.

3. noahc93 macrumors newbie

I totally agree. The guy's dressed as stevie and his mouth and eyebrows stay in the same position for the whole 20 minutes. AND HIS VOICE TAKES AWKWARD PAUSES AFTER EACH SENTENCE ENDS. .................... IPHONE IS REINVENTING THE PHONE. ....................................................... FIND AN APPLE OR AT&T STORE. .................................................................... NOW.

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

5. bgs@bgsdesign.c macrumors newbie

Germantown TN — 5 minutes from Apple store
    Aw, I think he is cute. But, then I'm old and geeky myself. I think it's cute how he tried to dress like Steve.

He seems nice, unthreatening and knowledgeable. And not too hot to take teh focus away from the phone.

I just assumed he worked for Apple.

6. ventro macrumors 6502a

7. bgs@bgsdesign.c macrumors newbie

Germantown TN — 5 minutes from Apple store
    crap, i wouldn't either if i were holding an iPhone!

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Never blinked indeed. Big clue!

Seriously, didn't everyone recognize he's the Lincoln animatronic from Disney, just dressed in modern clothes?

Sheesh.

9. taberrr macrumors regular

Very... much... so. I mean, no offense to the guy, I'm sure he's nice and everything, and he kind of looks like Clark Kent, so he has that going for him... but yes, way too awkward. Especially having him stare straight into my eyes the whole time. I found avoiding eye contact was easy, I just stared at the shiny iPhone in his hand.

10. MacbookSwitcher macrumors 6502

MacbookSwitcher

What is this...a bunch of teenage girls gossiping about how "cute" someone is? Talk about the feminization of America...

Seriously tho, the guy was professional-looking and to the point. I had no problem with him.

11. taberrr macrumors regular

Ehh, yeah, the iPhone isn't exactly the manliest thing in the world. He was pro and to the point, true, but definitely eerie and actor-like.

12. kamiboy macrumors 6502

The thing I find most disturbing is the fact that when he touches the iPhone he leaves no smudges, almost like... like... he has no soul! OOOooOOOooooOOOO!

13. Nym macrumors 6502a

Nym

LMAO!!!

I gotta admit, the first time I saw the videos I was like :

"Something's wrong... I KNOW! This guy has a peanut stuck in his @ss"!!

He should be more relaxed, without being any less "pro".

But yes, he is kind of creepy :D Like "stalker" creepy...

LOOK BEHIND! He's watching us diss him as we type, and he's bound to stab a knife in your ear anytime soon!

14. noahc93 macrumors newbie

OMG! shut. up. he's cgi?? wow i feel stupid...

15. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

He's actually a robot made by apple. Set to be released in 2010....they're calling it...

...wait for it...

...iRobot. :D

16. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

Lmao!