Guys and the 6s plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chevelle, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Chevelle macrumors regular

I have a 6 and want to get one of the s' to hold me over until the 7. I'm tempted by the plus but it seems like it'll be a bigger pain for guys because we usually carry in our pants. Do any of you guys carry it and find it to be not that bad?

I think that the 4.7 is too small. but when I handle a plus it feels massive. I think the 5.1" screen of the s7 is perfect. Wish that ran iOS.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Nah, not a big deal at all:
    [​IMG]

3. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

For jeans, it's not that bad but I have the otter box commuter case on my so it's a bit more bulky than without a case. Not much issue when I'm wearing hangar dockers though (size 34 waist (geese it feels nice saying that still) if that makes a difference in pocket size).

If you have more room in your pocket after putting the 6 in, you may be fine. However if it is a bit tight in your pocket when you put the 6 in your pocket, you may be out of luck.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

This issue keeps coming up.

Cargo jeans. No issues.

2016-04-20 06.06.33.jpg

5. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

LOL. If I did that, there's a 100% chance the phone will fall out.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

No issue for me except for when I sit in my car sometimes. the phone fits perfectly fine with dress pants, and with all of my jeans some of which are pretty tight. As for the size you get used to it really quickly, I went from a 4.7" 6 and now the plus seems pretty normal sized to me, even a little small sometimes. But yeah I wouldn't worry about it, like I said the only issue is when sitting in my car sometimes (I have a low sports car) but that's easily fixed by taking it out and putting it in one of the compartments.

7. eyoungren, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2016

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That hammer loop is what helps hold it in. ;)

But, my phone is only in there when being transported from place to place. It goes on a desk or some place solid when I sit down.

8. Closingracer macrumors 68000

If your wearing normal dude jeans and nothing like skinny jeans you'll be fine

9. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

I don't own a single pair of pants that has pockets in which my 6s+ doesn't fit in comfortably.

I'm generally either wearing khakis, dress slacks, jeans or cargo shorts.

10. mildocjr macrumors 65816

I have a 6S plus in an Apple leather case, it fits fine in khakis but sticks out near the top of my jeans just a tad, it's not uncomfortable when I sit with it in my pocket. I am glad I didn't get a bigger case.

11. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Just know this - once you go plus you cannot go back. I speak from experience and it may feel huge now but wait until you start thinking 'I could downgrade' and you do for a few days and then return the tiny phone and pay a restocking fee because your hands that you didn't realize were actually bear paws are unable to use a smaller phone anymore - on the plus side I did feel like a giant for a few days.

I felt like this guy using the 6s.
    4ca8ec37256839.5606614b4dcdb.jpg

12. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

No issues

How often would you sit it in your jeans. More often than not its on the table

13. garycoleman2 macrumors member

If you don't wear hipster (skinny) jeans, you should be fine.

14. ssgbryan macrumors 6502

ssgbryan

That doesn't help those that work in professional environments.

15. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I've never really had a problem carrying mine - if I'm wearing a jacket, it goes into the inside pocket otherwise the front or back pocket of my trousers or jeans.
    I do have to take it out of some pockets before I sit down depending on how tight they are, but that slight inconvenience is far outweighed by the benefits of the extra size :)

16. eyoungren, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You assume I do not work in a professional environment.

But I take your point.

17. chasonstone macrumors regular

chasonstone

I have 0 issues with any pants or shorts I wear. I wear slim fit jeans for the most part, not skinny jeans, but slimmer regular jeans. I wear flat front shorts and there's no problem there either. I was worried initially about this exact problem when moving from 5 -> 6 plus but after a few hours with it I realized all the "is it pocketable" hype was relatively nonsense.

18. Tech Fun macrumors member

On launch day my 6s plus fell out of my track pant pocket on to the laminate floor as I sat down, Lucky you can barely see the scuff on top left corner.

19. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

Buy an inexpensive TPU or other semi-rigid to rigid case made for the iPhone 6/6S plus. Carry it around for a few days and see how if feels.

20. arms10 macrumors member

arms10

I hate carrying it in my pants pocket because of the Incipio case it's in; it's got a rubbery feel to it that doesn't comply with having to pull your phone out of your pants in a hurry. It's usually in my shirt pocket.

21. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

Don't wear feminine clothing and you'll have no trouble transporting your oversized iPhone.

22. btbam91 macrumors regular

I use the apple leather case. Zero issues in my dress pants and jeans.

23. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Like the others have said, it's not much of a problem with regular or relaxed fit jeans. I am pretty slim and in good shape. Yes, it can be a bit uncomfortable sitting in the car, but not a huge problem. But the 6s plus screen is so beautiful, I have ditched my Garmin GPS and am now using the phone for a GPS in the car. So it doesn't need to be in my pocket in the car anymore. :)

I have a case that is pretty slim for everyday use. I also have an Otterbox Defender for when I want to hike around and use it as a GPS. That is a bit more uncomfortable in a side pocket, but still do-able.

24. joec1101 macrumors 6502

No issues here. Like someone else said, it's hard to go back to a smaller screen after using the plus for even just a few days. I love the size for the screen real estate, let alone the other advantages of the plus model. No problem fitting in jeans, either. Maybe if you have one of those ginormous bulky cases it might be an issue, but other than that it's fine.

I suggest you buy it at the Apple Store, that way you can return it with no restocking fee if you don't like it.

25. the caveman macrumors 6502

I guess what he meant to say is white collar environment where wearing carhartts or any other carpenter jean with a tie probably not going to work