Guys, does the milanese band look a bit feminine?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by meechy, Apr 12, 2015.

1. meechy macrumors 6502

So i was really against getting an apple watch when it was announced, but i just couldn't help myself and ordered a Stainless steel watch with the milanese band. Showed my partner it and she said it's ok, looks a bit feminine though.

What you all think?

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Very secure in my sexuality. No issues here

3. KPOM macrumors G5

It's unisex, and actually a traditional masculine design.

4. jediuia macrumors regular

I tried it on and thought exactly what your girl said. It looked feminine and I even asked the apple rep. He didn't say he thought so as apple probably instructed them to be positive. He did say many other customers had said the Milanese loop looked like a woman's watch... It's all up to your opinion. I wouldn't have bought it either way as it was pulling my wrist hair out:eek:

5. abluehaze macrumors regular

I can tell you that it didn't initially appeal to me at all but I tried it on the other day and it's extremely comfortable and very form fitting in addition to being pretty unique. I'm actually considering it now.

6. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

I got the Milanese for myself. Wife was goin to get one too until she saw them in person and said "they look a little masculine". She ended up getting the pink leather band.

7. betabeta macrumors 6502a

People should just wear what "they" like and forget about what others think. When you are confident people are drawn to you regardless.

Confidence is key.

It's not like your wearing a skirt:D

8. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

I feel they are too masculine for me. Its the type of thing I saw my Dad wear. But my friend loves it!:eek:

9. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

The Milanese band is unisex, which makes it a more feminine band than the link which is essentially a male-only band.

10. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Exactly. Nothing I wear is feminine.... It's not in the cards for me. It's just not who I am as a person.

I would've liked a thicker milanese loop styling though.

11. applepuree macrumors 6502

applepuree

....unless your a Scot..... *

* Or other nationality where men wear skirts.

12. scrapple macrumors regular

scrapple

13. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

or you are a man who likes to wear skirts.

14. sailermon macrumors member

It certainly don't look feminine to me, especially with the 42mm SS, but I'm wondering about your wrist hair pulling comment. I haven't heard anyone else say that about the Milanese SS loop band and I would like to know if this is the general view of others who have tried it on.

15. patrickpiteo macrumors member

Nope tried it on looked great went home and ordered it as an extra band:)

16. pflau macrumors 6502

I say yes, because of the texture of the band. I wish it came it black so the texture are not as noticeable.

With that said, the Milanese Loop is bare none the most comfortable band I tried on.

17. janderson0719 macrumors 6502

janderson0719

YES.

I don't understand the likeness for the Milanese band, at least for dudes.

18. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

19. shenfrey macrumors 68000

20. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

The nice woman in the Apple Store commented to my SO that the Milanese loop and the modern buckle are among the best selling bands among women.

It is a unisex band that is popular with women. Take that as you will.

21. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Nope, unless you're a lumberjack or dress stereotypically nerdily then stick to a plainer band.

22. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Yeah, I think it's a comparative thing. Link is more masculine than Milanese. (Mind you, I'm wearing a black Milanese loop right now.)

It also depends on the situation. For instance, silk trim is usually considered feminine, but both silk trim and a thin Milanese band would instead suddenly be considered elegantly masculine if you're in a tuxedo.

Formal dress is funny that way. The more elegant the situation, the more that finer materials are acceptable and even desirable. Conversely, in rougher situations, the reverse might be true.

All that said, wear what you want. Although it seems like half the forum bought Milanese, so it's not going to be a unique pairing, that's for sure.

23. JohnApples macrumors 65816

By the time the Watch releases, every single band/case/color is going to have a "Is the ____ too feminine??" thread lol!

But no, I do not think it is 'too feminine'. In fact, although some combinations are more masculine/feminine than others, I don't think a single one is "too much" of one or the other. If it suits your taste, who cares?

It's funny that you even mention the Milanese loop. It seems that tons of men here love it, myself included!

24. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Not to me. The only thing I would consider a bit feminine is the modern buckle, and a bit masculine the link. And that's really pushing in both cases. Every other thing in the Watch line looks devoid of gender.

I see the milanese loop as being more techy than fashion, in my mind at least. When I see it being used formally, it also work. The upclose side shot form Apple like jewelry, but that's not really what it looks.

25. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Only on the weekends. Skirt, stockings, high heels - you know, can't skimp on any part of the outfit, throws the whole thing off ...