had a big scare today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ryanctf, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Ryanctf macrumors newbie

so i was at school and im in band we were doing a practice session. we all play tuba and when we were done we were all going to go eat. so i was loading my tuba in my car and its a big sousaphone tuba. and i lift it to get it in there and all of a sudden i hear a thunk. i turn around and my iphone 4 fell out of my pocket and it had a case on like always, im very careful with my electronics. and it landed face down. i was scared to pick it up and that i would find a shattered screen. i pick it up and the only damage it had was a bubble in the screen protector. it was a power support crystal film. so i go home and install the steinheil screen protector and good as new. thank god. fell around 3 feet.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

you got plenty lucky, but a lot of apple devices I have seen have survived some scary situations, I enjoy the durability.

About how much can an iPhone take before cracking @-aggie- ? i'm guessing not much, my friends HTC screen broke on a simple slip out of his pocket. The screen protector was holding the screen in place.

4. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

You're probably luckier it fell on the screen, had it been the back that would have surely shattered.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Cool.
    I dropped my iPhone today as well. I should probably feel lucky too that it's okay.

6. ritmomundo, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011

ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

OMG! You should count yourself extremely lucky that your infinitely delicate piece of technology didn't simply shatter into a million gazillion pieces from 3 feet!! At that height, I'm surprised it didn't explode!! /sarcasm

Seriously? C'mon people. These things are durable. You don't have to treat them like they're made out of eggshells or have heart attacks when they drop. I'm sure we've all dropped/damaged/broken/crashed things that are more expensive and easier to break at one time or another.

Edit: @OP - from your title, I was expecting some crazy story about car chases or bungee jumping, or your phone being used as a shield in an armed robbery. Oh well... I guess either way, the good news is that your phone isn't broken. :)

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Your case probably helped a bit. ;)

I use mine naked and never drop it. I've just got front and back plastic shields to protect against scratching!

P.S. It's almost August. Why in God's name are you at your school?

8. Caraj macrumors member

Yeah it just depends on how it falls. I dropped mine on a stone floor from 4 feet and it survived without a scratch. My wife dropped hers from 2 feet on a tile floor and it shattered.

9. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

10. smelly cat macrumors regular

smelly cat

you DROPPED your iPhone?? how CARELESS. Steve is sad...

[​IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]