Had to format PC and now all my app are gone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NewIphone, Oct 13, 2009.

1. NewIphone macrumors member

Hi everyone,

Basically had to format my PC so my iTunes on my PC doesn't have any apps on it. Then yesterday I got my iPhone 3G replaced as the wifi wasn't working.

So I have iTunes with no Apps and my iPhone with no Apps....

Is there a way I can log into iTunes and download all my old apps? Or would I have to search for them one by one and download one at a time?

Thanks.

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I don't know of any way to do them all at once. You can go to your account and view a list of purchases, then just go down the list and download them one at a time.

When you're done, consider purchasing an external HD and, at a minimum, backup your personal data - including purchased apps and music. Then, if this happens again, you'll be able to just drag the app (.ipa) files (and/or music) back into iTunes and re-sync. (I assume by "PC" you mean Windows, so Time Machine isn't an option.)

3. beni32 macrumors newbie

In iTunes:

File>Transfer Purchases from iPod.

oops sorry, you don't have them on your phone either. My bad.

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I lost my apps when i downgraded to itunes 7 then back o 9.
    You will have to re-download everything.
    You can check your purchases in itunes under Store then View my account where you can see what you have downloaded.

If you go to download something and itunes wants to re-charge you, http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ and submit a support ticket.
    They will reset the items so you will not be charged again.

there is no easy way to recover,

5. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Unless you keep a backup of your downloaded apps... like everyone should.
    Lesson learnt for the future. ;)

BackUp. BackUp. BackUp.