hahahahahahhah...zune!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by pianodude123, Apr 18, 2007.

1. pianodude123 macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

There isnt much to explain, but I believe I found this on the front page of Amazon:

Not much else to say... except... wow.

Attached Files:

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

I still can't get over how ugly those things are

3. Agent Smith macrumors 6502

Agent Smith

Why brown?!? Is this M$ trying to be hip and start a new colour trend? Maybe it's their view of the new M$ world order, where everyone will wear brown and grey smocks, with black pants. Ugh! And what's amazon doing putting that on their front page? They want to attract customers, not frighten them away, or is this a new business model to which I am unfamiliar?

Edit: I know the colour choice has been talked about before, I just never got a chance to put in my two cents. :p

4. Mr. MacBook macrumors 6502

Hey, dont go making fun of zune now.

Zune is great for a windows user...

I only got an iPod cause it broke and i had a mac...

5. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

6. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

WOW and you were saying that it broke? when did they first lanch... November? still... that is less that 6 months!!!! I still have a 2nd Gen iPod WORKING

7. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Now you can't have a dig at the Zune for the odd one or two which are faulty.

The same could be said for my Macbook Pro. 9 months old and I've already had a logic board replacement, fan replacement and it needs a screen replacement and speaker/sound ship replacement (or whatever, the sound is spazzed).

8. Max Payne macrumors 6502a

LOL. I thought headphones come free as standard. :p

9. brownie macrumors newbie

yeh exactly. does this mean you have to buy headphones after you buy a zune because none come with it???

10. snapplejack18 macrumors newbie

snapplejack18

I hate to say it but right now I say the Zune is better than the current iPods.

ONE Cuz of the bigger screens.

TWO Cuz of the wireless song transfer.(Yeah I know about the 3 song thing, but I'm sure it can be hacked/cracked easily.)

THREE Cuz of the guest designers like Stussy.

But, we'll see what apple has up its sleeve when they release the new iPod.

11. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

We can all be righteously indignant at how poorly the Zune stacks up against the iPod. On the other hand, the entry of Zune is going to push Apple to develop the iPod, which will help all of us (at least in the short term--I've seen MS assimilate too many companies and I don't want it to happen again with Apple's iPod).

For the young, those on a fixed budget, Microsoft lovers, or those without any aesthetic sense, the Zune does what it is supposed to do relatively well. One of my students has one and loves it the way we love our iPods. Chancun a son goût.

12. ian-frs macrumors 6502

Headphones do come standard with the zune. Those are the premium head phones they are offering. I don't know what you guys have against the zune and just the zune. Why don't you guys insult the sansa as well. I love my mac computers but I like my zune alot more then my ipod. The UI is simpler then the Ipods I think and not having the click wheel dare I say it is nice. Sorry for the little rant but I am sick of reading zune bashes.

13. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

what the hell is a sansa ?

edit: just kidding, you're right. Squirting is cool.

14. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

One would naturally assume that you would get headphones included with a music player (especially at that price). :rolleyes:

15. szsiddiq macrumors 6502

szsiddiq

I'm more impressed by SanDisk's Sansa brand, than by the Zune. It's disgraceful for MS how much SanDisk was able to kick their assets.

At this point in the game, I wouldn't throw the iPod brand in for a fight. No matter what kinda features the player has, Apple has set up a strong enough infrastructure for the iPod+iTunes brand to keep it ahead for years.

16. pianodude123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

Ya... I want just bashing the butt ugly color... but FREE headphones!!! OH bOY!!!! Since the headphones they include with the product are so crappy, you need to throw those out and get new ones once you buy the thing...

And... when I first saw this, I laughed my head off because every MP3 player worth of the market should come with headphones for free.. but if this is what they are advertising as a great new feature... then... ya.. umm..

So everybody... hurry over to amazon so you can buy your Zune and get FREEEEEE headphones with it..

hahaha...

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The iPod ear buds are not all that great either.

18. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

You know iPod works with Windows..iTunes runs on Windows:rolleyes:

19. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Zune doesn't work on mac though

@the Zune bashers why are you making fun of it its way better then the ipod its got a bigger screen easier interface and wifi maybe not the best as it is now but easily expandable and as we know from experience microsoft is amazing with networks look at xbox live

20. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Looks to me like the guy's holding a black nano and flipping off the camera.

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The one Zune I was able to play with I liked. It had a good interface and was smaller then the iPod. If they didn't focus so much on the iPhone maybe they could make a better iPod.

22. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

Now, now, people... it's not nice to make fun of retarded things (like the Zune).

23. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Are you sure he isn't rubbing her nipple?

Which is about the only way some people would get excited when holding a Zune.

24. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

25. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Yes?...I was making a point, as Mr. MacBook said he got an iPod because he owned a Mac, but Zune were good for Windows owers. I was sayiing iPod works about the same on each OS

No its no..there is no way the Zune us better then the iPod
    Bigger screen yes, but the unit itself is much bigger too...easier interface, lol, your joking right? And wi-fi is wasn't on the unit itself

How would MS expand the Zune? Add a web browser? That be fun using a D-Pad :rolleyes: And anything else they could as Apple could also add..althought there isn't a ton I think either could add on either unit. Hardware is far more important.