Haircut Advice!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Jun 19, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

My parents want me to get a haircut, they don't care what it is, they just want me to get a haircut.

I really don't know what to get, because my hair is really odd. In the back as you can see in the pictures, it is EXTREMELY curly, and on the right side of my head, the hair wings up, but on the left side it doesn't. The bangs are straight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the crappy photos. And holy ****, I am not that pail.

Any ideas?

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I had the same thing but worse. but longer hair for guys was in when I was a kid and it was a real mess. now I cut it real short to not have to worry about trying to comb the mess.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I say get a 2 on the side and trip it short on top. You will love it during the summer.

4. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

My hair was kind of like that and I told them to just clean it up in general, and to cut the back shorter than the front and make it less helmet-like. It depends what you want though. Do you want something kinda long, closer to what it is now, or something shorter?

5. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Just got mine cut today - #3 on the sides and about 1 1/4 inches on top. It helps keep me cooler in the summer, and keeps the curls away.

Back when I was in college my hair was much longer, until one day I finally decided to get rid of it all. I haven't looked back. Short is much more manageable, more comfortable, and more professional looking.

6. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

I have really thick hair, so I don't know if this would work for you, but I ask for them to thin out my hair a LOT. Again, i have thick hair, so I don't know how this would work on you, but it does help it look less puffy.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Short.

I never really liked the whole helmet-head thing, although it has been more acceptable over the past several years than it was last decade.

8. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Def go with this
    [​IMG].

I wear it short, a small bit longer on top... kind of Ewan Macgregor-fauxhawkish. Kind of.. Then again, it grows out so fast it doesn't last long.

It's very easy to keep and you don't have to use an hair stuff either..

9. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Go to a well respected place that does long hair. Don't go to a barbers. Your hair looks quite thick, I'd advise you to ask them to thin it out and get it properly layered. The current fashion for long hair on men is shorter at the back and longer at the front. You might also want to invest in a pair of hair straighteners to sort out the curls.

10. Keebler macrumors 68030

Is you hair thick? You might need it thinned out a bit
    go to a local hair salon. Not just a barbershop. Look at their magazines and see if you like anything. And also ask them what you should do

they're the pros and will no doubt have some good input

good luck
    keebler

11. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Don't bother getting a haircut; it'll just grow back. ;)

12. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Go for the #2 sides, and short up top. Oh yeah, and leave it long in back. That's right, rock the mullet, baby! :D

13. Keniff macrumors 6502a

Keniff

Just have a good old fashioned 'Britney' and be done with it, the summer is here, and it'll grow back ;)

[​IMG]

14. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Which bucket do you mean?

15. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Most people have a particular whorl-direction to their hair. (Most people's hair whorls in a clockwise direction.) Probably more than you want to know. :) Anyway, a good barber/stylist should be able to deal with this.

16. Macrovertigo macrumors member

Macrovertigo

Hell if you can grow a full head of hair why not experiment? It grows back after all.
    If you have not done this before, try simply going to a regular old man's barber shop and just ask for a regular haircut and see what they do, go to one near a military base or near an office neighborhood, (if you see a hair dryer, or if they ask you if you want a "wash and set" or a "feather cut", then you are in the wrong place).
    The other thing to consider is whether or not you want to get into the feminine art of maintaining a "hair style". There has to be a reason why women, when speaking of men's haircuts, always use phrases like "easy to care for".
    Ditch the little curls in any event, they will only attract negative attention or drive people to hunt frantically for a pair of scissors (I am seashore-ing them out now for example, lol).;)

17. Macrovertigo macrumors member

Macrovertigo

and who are the pin-ups stuck to the mirror in the back ground?

And please, when you post your haircut picture, be sure to include Winnie the Poo, he is trying like heck to get into the picture frame in these "before" hair pics you have posted, lol.

18. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

The 'haircut' the OP has looks like something straight out of 1973.

19. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

For you I'd recommend a #5 on the sides and 1 1/4 inch on top.

Make sure that you dry your hair with a towel and DON'T touch a comb. Take some hair spray and just spray some on. Then, use your hands and put the hair in it's place. Make sure it looks styled yet messy.

In any case, you're already pretty good looking; you just need some grooming.

20. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Alright, well, I didn't get a haircut because I decided that I am still young and being young is really the only time you can have shaggy hair and get away with it, so instead of getting a haircut for a change, I just kinda styled it different.

Do you guys like??? :D

Attached Files:

21. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

There you go. ;)