Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

truz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
Florida
Congrats MrCrowbar,

How do you like your new imac intel?

Also,
if you want to play some css (counter strike source) connect to the server listed in my screen shots and let me know a time frame you will be on and I'll try and make it.

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
I like my iMac. Some apps (Mail, Automator, Apeakable Items Server, Adium) crashed at first, but now it works fine. Still looking for someone to try out that iChat video (PM me if you want to try it too).

Actually I'm not that much into gaming anymore. I just like the feeling I can play HL2 at full settings with framerates higher than my screen refresh rate. :cool:
And I couldn't play HL2 to the end on my old PC (laptop) because it lacked the power for the chapter where you have to shoot those 3 logged thingies with the rocket launchers. I guess the AI of the Team mates need a lot of CPU because it worked fine when they were all dead. :p

I don't get too good framerates on Black and White 2 and Far Cry though... Can you suggest some Settings?

I got my 2 GB of RAM yesterday and it was really worth it. Now everything really goes "boom, boom, boom". :eek:

PS: PM me so I can give you my iChat name.

ntrsfrml

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2006
Vancouver, Canada
I tried using iChat w/ Truz today..and the damn thing won't let us use Cam connections.. Anyways, here is my iChat name >> notoriousformula AT mac DOT com

Add me :p Most of my buddies use Msn/yahoo.

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
Cool. So I have both your contacts now. Ring me up if you see me online. Camera already wirked, but only in one way because the other guy has no cam.

Killian

macrumors member
May 13, 2006
Having trouble installing WinXp with BootCamp!! Please Help

Hi guys! I'm wondering if any of you can help me?! I have just bought a brand new 20" iMac and am trying really hard to get BootCamp working. The first time I tried, I forgot to update my firmware. So it said it needed the firmware update which I then installed but I can't get it to work, it still comes up with the same "firmware" error!! I've tried re-starting and all-sorts but I have just had no luck!

Has anyone else had this problem and can anyone resolve it?!

Thanks!!

Killian

macrumors member
May 13, 2006
Problem Resolved!!!

I thought I'd post this just to help out anyone else that's having the problem I was! The answer I was looking for was on this very site!! I just didn't look hard enough, lol. Here is the link: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/198979/ I'm now 9% through installing XP and well excited, lol, how sad. I can't wait to play Counter Strike on Mac!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.